people kill me

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by SDK, Jan 15, 2009.

1. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    found this on the local craigslist... supposedl'y this doe is out of a champion buck and a awesome FB doe. and they want 400 for her

and i got 100 for ying.. depressing

2. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    It's against my spiritual beliefs to kill anyone.
    I could hug you to death instead, maybe?

I know exactly how you feel about Ying. I sold a Yorkie that should have brought 600, and I only got 300 for her! It wasn't fair, and later I found out the lady I sold the dog to sold her for ***600***. :hair:
    Frustrating.
    So...here's my :hug:

3. Just Kiddin'

Just Kiddin' New Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Southern California
    Yeah people are just flippin' crazy! I was looking for some more show chickens for my kids and on the eggbid auction website someone paid $1200.00 for a single black silkie pullet. I'm thinkin' we're in the wrong business! :ROFL:

4. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    the chicken must lay golden eggs or something. lol.

people always pay for overpriced things, relative tried to sell a brand new sofa set. great condition. and she wanted $200 for it. It didnt sell, not even an offer. So she raised the price to $500, and sold it within a half hour.

People assume that with higher pricing you are getting something more quality. Mom showed me this story in Sunday's Parade, about marketing items, very good.

5. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    oh wow alaska.
    Thats like, really stupid.
    But useful

Maybe everyone should put up all their prices on their animals :D

6. badnewsboers

badnewsboers New Member

May 9, 2008
    Newport, NC
    I hate to be contradictory, but is that doe registered? Even the crappiest registered doe will bring more than an unregistered doe most of the time. Its sad but true. Papers add value.

I doubt someone could sell an unregistered doe where I live for $100, unless she was bred. Well except for maybe to the Mexicans for meat you could.

So chin up. You may have gotten less than you wanted from yours Boers but you saved money in the long run but not waiting around longer for someone to buy at the higher price.