The Goat Spot Forum banner

41 - 60 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Not too bad. :p I finally figured out how to feel Rachel's ligs as she was lying down (the nubian) and it was easier to tell that way. They are still pencils so I can sleep now. :leap: I got it finally!

·
14,725 Posts
Wow sounds like the girls are gonna keep you busy! Karma did this guessing and waiting game last year, so it doesn't surprise me she's at it again!! Silly girl! Somehow we managed to know when all but one of our does were bred, and I have an old goat managing program a friend gave me that I keep the info in. If it wasn't for that program I'd probably be scratching my head trying to figure it all out LOL

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Cricket is possibly in early labor! Tonight she was spacey and out of it, her ligs are very low and mushy and her tail head has visibly risen (hollow underneath) while her sides are sunken in. She stands holding her tail in the upside down "u". I'm watching her hyperventilating on the monitor, getting up and down stretching, occasionally grunting. She was also grinding her teeth earlier this evening so I put her in a birthing stall. Her bag is probably as big as it's going to get for a ff. She lost her mucus plug three days ago. No discharge yet tonight, but her vulva is red and very swollen. She's the one I'm the most worried about because she's the smallest yearling of the three, but hopefully it will all go smoothly.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
She hasn't kidded yet Candice, but as a ff I don't think she's learned how to "play the game" yet. So, I don't think she's leading me on like Karma is. Karma's bag is SO FULL it has yellow urine stains on the back of it because it's too big for her to avoid it when she urinates.
Cricket's dropped low to where she isn't wide on the sides anymore and went off her grain this morning so I'm pretty sure the babies are getting into diving position. :wink: I'm hoping it's twins and not one big baby because when it/they were kicking it shook her entire body and can be felt on both sides pretty strong. Poor girl. Baby or babies cannot be felt kicking at all today, so I watch and wait.
Bandi decided to have some clear to light yellow stringing today as well but not showing any other symptoms. Yay me!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Stardate Log 223. Cricket's ligs are almost completely gone and I can just barely feel them at the tailhead now. She's looking very uncomfortable tonight. Karma has finally decided to get her strutted udder. One teat had filled early in the evening and then the other had filled by dinner time. At my late night check she was even more full in both teats and obviously strutted to where it looked like the hair had literally melted away from both teats in just hours. Karma also became hollow from her last rib to her hip (not just in front of her hip), the one unusual sign she gave me the day before kidding last year. Her ligs play tricks on me so I have to look for other clues. :laugh:
The race is on......who will win? The herd queen or the yearling lowest in rank?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I'm pretty sure Karma is going to win the race. Around 3 AM will be 24 hours with a strutted udder (last year she didn't get that until right after she kidded, and then filled in even more the next day). Yeah, she has to be difficult. She's been up and down, stretching, and tonight she is doing her occasional deep cow grunt. I promised her a whole bag of potatoe chips and warm molasses water if she kids tonight, and that girl will do anything for chips. But there was a stipulation, if she waits until 3 AM the deal is off. The grunting just started about ten minutes ago so it looks like she's trying to earn those chips! :laugh:
No ligs tonight, but with Karma that means absolutely nothing. She has had them off and on for awhile now and she's even sneaky enough to have switched her udder routine around on my. Aha! But she couldn't hide that caving in belly of hers! She has less than 5 hours and 30 minutes. Knowing her, she'll kid at 2:59 AM. :roll: If she isn't playing her head games again.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Last night she did absolutely nothing. Nothing! :hair: At this point I'm pretty sure she's going to go have a giant cloudburst! What's worse is that the drama queen nubian parks herself just outside the kidding stall (even props her leg up) and lays there all night moaning like she's delivering an elephant. Her ligs are the hardest ones of all and she's been doing that nightly for weeks now. (And did I mention she has the smallest belly of all, so it's not like she's miserable). If one of them went into labor at night I would never know! I'll occasionally walk out and say "Rachel, quit that drama". She's instantly stop and just look at me, but she starts up as soon as I settle back into bed. :angry:
I suppose Karma just wants to hold the world record for going the longest with no ligs and a strutted udder. We had a nice storm blow through this morning (and already 71 degrees outside) so maybe.....
She just doesn't follow the rules. Just for that, I hope she has QUADS! :p

·
14,725 Posts
LOL drama...drama...drama! I'd be ready to pull my hair out too! I hope they quit the suspense act and get busy soon! I can't wait to see what Karma has this time :)
My nubian/boer doe, Ithma, who kidded last month used to grunt CONSTANTLY....
The other night when Trouble was starting to go into labor, Snow white was sooooo noisy with her stomach, and grunting/groaning! I had wanted to set up a baby monitor, but I'd never have heard it over Snow White who insisted on sleeping right outside Trouble's stall! I am so tired I can't even sleep! Crazy I know LOL
Hopefully the girls will at least let you get some zzz's between kiddings!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Thank you guys! I've been afraid to go in to work each day, not knowing if she'll kid while I'm gone. If she waits much longer I will have to get a psychiatrist. Tonight would be great considering it's a weekend, which is probably why she wouldn't dare. That would be way too convenient for me!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Re: Perfect7 Kidding Thread *Udder pics added*

Thank you, Pam. I guess now I'm more worrying because daily she's having small amounts of amber colored discharge (no streaming, but light stringing) and her udder has been strutted for nearly five days now. When she kidded last year she didn't become strutted until during/after kidding and this year her udder is more strutted than it was at that time but no kids. :shrug: Roger, I am beyond nuts at this point.
Here are are two pics of four days ago and then one pic of her right after her baby was born last year. Maybe I'm just being paranoid?
She shows off and on signs of mild labor but then it just fizzles out. Baby or babies are still very active (and very large) rolling around. It/they are too big to kick anymore.
Should there be a point that I worry about mastitis with her being strutted for so long? She has to be the abnormal doe every time. Poor girl's teats are about to drag the ground. :p

Attachments

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Her udder is not hot and, while firm, does not feel hard. I have no idea what day she is on (pasture bred Sept/Oct). I swore last year that I would have due dates but life got hectic and it was just easier to turn the buck in...until now!
I'm sure if I just forget she's pregnant she'll kid immediately. :roll: And then the rest will follow her. :shocked:

41 - 60 of 107 Posts