The Goat Spot Forum banner

61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
No signs today but last night she appeared to be having mild contractions and was up and down pawing, pacing. She was also grinding her teeth and digging a nest, turning around in circles and kind of hopping around with her hind legs because they don't move so well anymore. Her ligs tonight are soft but definitely there, but hers come and go so that's not much help. No discharge at all today and I can't feel the baby(s) moving today (they were wild last night). While she's hollowed out and dropped, she is still just as wide as ever. I think I probably just need to relax and quit worrying about it. My only thought is that she's having at least twins this year when she had a single doeling last year, and that's why the udder is different and earlier this year. I can feel rolls/kicks on both sides simultaneously. She first began losing her mucus plug on Feb 11th (16 days ago). And so...I wait.

·
Registered
610 Posts
:) Your not alone I have one in the kidding stall right now for doing the same thing last night! So we wait, and eventually they have to give them up right?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Well, Rachel (Nubian) has had a decent amount of discharge all day today, her ligs are soft, and her udder blew up over night. Karma's udder also blew up over night, no discharge, no ligs (but they come and go). I haven't seen an udder on anything this big that didn't moo! Seriously, she has four inches of clearance between her teats and the ground. This is riduculous! Cricket, ff, has mush ligs and more udder fill but no signs of labor. Figures! I have a house full of kids for a slumber party (10) and horrible weather is moving in within the hour (tornado watches all around). Here are pictures, first of Rachel and the last two of Karma. Karma's udder looks as big as a gallon of milk if not more! Poor girl.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Thank you, Jan. Rachel looks like she might be going tonight. She's up crying and pacing. Just in time for the massive storm that's rolling in and due to hit in about 30 minutes. :shocked:

·
14,720 Posts
Wow! Those are some massive looking udders! I don't think I've ever seen a boer with an udder like that! That looks very uncomfortable! Hopefully they will kid soon - but after the storm has passed! I hope the weather doesn't get too bad for you guys!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Re: Perfect7 Kidding Thread **Rachel in labor!

Rachel has heavy streaming and contractions, just in time for the storm! It's hailing and I'm heading out to the barn....babies soon! Pray the power doesn't go out.

·
14,720 Posts

Oh wow perfect timing Rachel geez talk about the doe code of honor being met in full force!!! I hope everything goes smoothly out there and the power doesn't go out!! I can't wait to hear about the kiddos!!!!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #73

About 12:30 AM Rachel kidded twins! :kidred: :kidblue: in that order. :dance: She has already passed the placenta and both babies have eaten. I had to hold Rachel still because she was not comfortable passing the placentas and kept wanting to walk off from them. The girl came out just fine, but the boy was a little harder because he had his right leg and head out with the left leg tucked back. I helped pull him because Rachel was pushing and he wasn't coming. Tight squeeze but he came on out that way. I was going to try to bring the other leg forward but there was no room to reach after the first leg and head came out so quickly behind the girl. Both sacks were presenting together, so was glad the girl came out by herself first! :laugh:
Now Cricket's bag filled in all the way after Rachel had her babies and she has started calling in the last hour. It's still pouring rain outside so I'm hoping it's not going to be a double delivery night.
Getting ready to upload pics.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Re: Perfect7 Kidding Thread *Rachel Kidded, Cricket in Labor

Cricket is also in labor! Her udder filled quite a bit while Rachel was in labor and after Rachel's kids were born Cricket started crying. Now Cricket is having streaming, but I'm a little concerned because it's blood tinged. Getting dressed again after my nice shower. At least the storm finally blew over!
Yep, definite Doe Code of Honor! :laugh:
Did I mention that Karma went into a seperate section of the barn and has been digging out a nice hole to stand in while she stretches over and over? No sleep for me. :hair:

·
Registered
654 Posts
Re: Perfect7 Kidding Thread *Rachel, Cricket, and Karma kidd

*finger's are crossed* Good luck can't wait to see picture's!

61 - 80 of 107 Posts