The Goat Spot Forum banner

81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Re: Perfect7 Kidding Thread *Rachel, Cricket, and Karma kidd

Thank you, guys. We lost Cricket's buckling (in kidding post) but I didn't get much rest. I FINALLY went to sleep at noon after being up all night with Rachel and then Cricket. Karma woke me up at 12:50 with her loud war cry again! :laugh: And I was afraid I'd miss it. Not a chance!
She was pushing and pushing and pushing but no bubble and no baby, just a lot of heavy streaming. Finally I saw just a tail. :shocked: :shocked: After Cricket, that wasn't even funny. Fortunately, Karma is much larger and it was very easy to reach in and grab the two hind legs. Unfortunately, the doeling was DOA. It looked like she had been gone for quite some time because her eyes were flat and the pupils were cloudy. :(
Next was a front legs first doeling (traditional) that popped out easily followed by a rear legs first buckling (black head, black spot on back knee) that came out just as easily. :leap: Both were extremely vigorous and up in no time flat. Problem is, they are searching high for mom's teat and her teats are almost dragging the ground. :hair:
I milked the nubian who kidded at around midnight and fed both babies about 2 oz each, working on teaching them to "low crawl" for their food. :laugh:
I firmly believe in the Doe's Code of Honor after my 13-hour birthing spree. Rachel was around 12:30 AM, Cricket should have been at 6:30 AM, and Karma around 1:30 PM.
Total: 3 boys, 3 girls and we lost one of each. So tired!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts

wow! so sorry about the ones you lost. congrats on the births of so many at once and for a job well done on your part! now get some rest!

·
14,720 Posts

WOW!!!! what a busy day!!! Your buck was BUSY BUSY BUSY wasn't he? hehe!!!! I am so sorry for the losses, and what Crickett went through, bless her heart! But so glad that everyone should be okay, and you now have 4 new kiddos!!! I can't wait for some pics of Karma's kids when you get a chance to post them! :)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Re: Perfect7 Kidding Thread *Tatonka kidded*

Well, nobody looked like kidding was immenent this morning so at noon we loaded up and went to the beach. We returned to hear the LGD barking at us and she wouldn't stop (never done that before). Then I heard a baby goat crying to went so investigate. I found three babies that weren't familiar running around the outside of the barn! We brought them into a birthing stall and saw we had three dried off, energetic, and well fed doelings! Then Tatonka (mom) came running into the barn to investigate so we put them all in a stall together and gave mom some grain and warm molasses water.
Triplet girls! :leap: :clap: Sorry I missed it, but glad all went well. Will upload pics tomorrow. These girls have some big block heads!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Re: Perfect7 Kidding Thread *Tatonka kidded*

wow! congrats! you deserve a triple blessing after all the heartache you've had recently!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Re: Perfect7 Kidding Thread *Bandi ligs mushy*

It looks like it's Bandi's turn now. Earlier today her ligs had softened so I put her in the birthing stall. Last check her ligs were mush and she has dropped/hollowed out (within two hours). She is also panting and slightly sweaty so hopefully babies by at least tomorrow!
:pray: For a safe, non-eventful kidding for this girl (has kidded 3x before) and then I have two ff left. That's what I'm really dreading now after the last one. :sigh:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Re: Perfect7 Kidding Thread *Bandi kidded*

Well after making me sleep with one eye open most of the night, Bandi kidded :kidred: :kidred: :kidblue: this morning at about 10:20! :leap: It was an easy delivery with everybody coming head front legs and head first, with exception to the second girl who had a leg tucked back. She delivered just fine that way, though! All of the babies are big, up, and eating. Still waiting for Bandi to pass her placenta. I know she's glad it's over with! The two girls have brown heads and the boy has a black head like his dad. Will get pics up later. Next year, I'm going to have to space these a little further apart!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Re: Perfect7 Kidding Thread *Bandi kidded*

Thank you, Pam! :hug: The placenta has been passed and collected. I've never been so happy to see a placenta before!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Re: Perfect7 Kidding Thread *Valentine kidded*

Well, for all of my worrying the second ff kidded while I was grocery shopping! She gave no warning at all and ligs were hard this morning! She had her single red buckling delivered, dried off, placenta passed (somewhere in the pasture) and was nursing him. He's following her happily around the pasture as she grazes. :leap: We only have one ff left to kid now and the season is done for us (whew!). Stormy looks like she will kid twins, so keeping a close eye on her now.
So far we have 11 babies on the ground: 7 girls and 4 boys (plus lost 1 girl and 1 boy during kidding). I absolutely love seeing all of the babies run all around the pasture and our LGD's are doing an awesome job. Even the 4 month old puppy, Troop, is doing excellent. He stayed with all of the babies in the barn during the day and once they got old enough to go out to pasture with the moms he followed them. He is glued to their sides. Life is good!

·
14,720 Posts

OMG Aimee where have I been!!! Sheesh!!!! CONGRATS ON ALL THE NEW KIDS!!!!!! I gotta get over and see if you've posted pics! I'm so happy everything is going smoothly! Sure is nothing as fun as watching the kids socialize and play!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #97

Thank you, Candice. :hug: Since our initial birthing drama of 3 does in about 12 hours it has been a cake walk. :wink: Two had kids when I wasn't even home and all are healthy/eating well. I was posting pics as I went but the last two got away from me. I think I'm going to get a big group picture of everybody and post it at once. :laugh:

7 girls, 4 boys (one ff left to kid and looks like twins). The girls are all brown traditional (half with moon spots in their capes, 2 or 3 are paints). The boys have either black heads or are all brown. :laugh: How did THAT happen? (2 black heads, two brown). Was really hoping that last red boy had been a doe.....

·
Super Moderator
82,111 Posts

Thank you, Pam! :hug: The placenta has been passed and collected. I've never been so happy to see a placenta before!
HeHe...we get excited over the strangest things....but ...we love our goaties.... :wink: :thumb:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #99

Down to the last one for the year! This evening Stormy's ligs had sunk so I put her in a stall. Just went and checked on her and now her ligs are mushy, she's posty, and has light panting. :pray: for twins and not a big single because she's bigger around than the other two ff who both had single bucklings. I'm so nervous about the ff deliveries, so hope this is smooth and uneventful. Should be by some time tomorrow....

·
14,720 Posts

Any updates? I hope and pray that Stormy has or had an easy time of it!! We have one doe left too, and she's not real big bellied yet. She's technically a ff <she aborted during her last preggo>. She is inbred <shares the same sire as our buck>, and so far the people we bought them from have inbred their does to this sire line and ended up with huge kids. I am hoping she draws outside the box and has a kid that isn't hard to get out! Especially when she was getting 10lb kids from this kind of breeding...scary!
Good Luck! :)

81 - 100 of 107 Posts