The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one have any suggestions with regards to fencing? I am going to plant 2 acres of Corn and an acre of Sorghum out back, It is fenced in along the outer edge that is not prone to flooding past the creek. It would only need to be one small section along the bank, so I am wondering if Hot Wire would work or if Barbed wire would be a better option? Normally not a fan of barbed wire but it does seem like it would be lower maintenance?

The Area is not accessible to the goats and the only purpose would be a boundary marker and to keep unwanted visitors both two and four legged varieties out.

Thank You

·
Premium Member
Raising Quality Show & Commercial Goats
6,206 Posts
My perimeter fence is field fence. Its very durable and the squares are 6 x 9. It keeps all but squirrels & rabbits out. They also sell it in smaller opening sizes. Mine.is 48 inches tall.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My perimeter fence is field fence. Its very durable and the squares are 6 x 9. It keeps all but squirrels & rabbits out. They also sell it in smaller opening sizes. Mine.is 48 inches tall.
I wish I could use field fence unfortunately when the water from the creek breaches the bank it has taken out the fence several times.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No trespassing signs mean if i get caught. It is a game.
I use Danger Electric Fence. that tells them that thy will be caught.
The funny thing is none of my fences are charged. most folks do not know how electric fences work.
it just gets old having to pick up others trash and when I hit beer bottles with the brush hog it just makes my day.

I am about to post a sign warning do not enter are live firing range. They may well persuade some to stay out.

·
Premium Member
Raising Quality Show & Commercial Goats
6,206 Posts
I like the sign that says. LGD patrol! With a big picture. Lol My big ol Anatolians can move when they want to. And ANYTHING that crosses that fence...is thier NEW TOY! 🥰

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the sign that says. LGD patrol! With a big picture. Lol My big ol Anatolians can move when they want to. And ANYTHING that crosses that fence...is thier NEW TOY! 🥰
I hear that. We have two and for some reason our turkeys have decided it’s a Good idea to charge at the dogs and baby goats, that lasted for all of two seconds. Two turkeys have since transitioned to cold storage in ground form.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts