The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Yes..in winter I apply 2 or 3 drops on the back of the neck. On the skin around the hoof top. And on the tip of the tail.
In warm weather, i use a brush with permithrin and water in a bucket and saturate all the goat except nose, eyes, and mouth.

·
14,760 Posts
I've not used it as a pour on like Moers so I am not familiar with using it like that. Read the label for instructions on use IMO.

I tend to only use it during the warm months, because directions I read years ago state it needs to be diluted with water, so I usually dilute in a spray bottle or a bucket. I soak them to the skin all over with it if weather permits.

Honestly, my go to for mites is Ivermectin Pour On and Nustock over the really badly affected areas. I've used this method for years. I do use Permethrin to soak legs that are badly affected, or in the summer months, I use it to soak them to help aid in mite prevention.

You can also mix the Permethrin in a spray bottle or sprayer and spray your barn walls, after you clean out stalls, you can spray the floors.
Then when you bed down you can get a powder version with permethrin, Python dust, or Seven Dust and sprinkle on the bedding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts