Perpetually Pregnant Nubian!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by helmstead, Feb 13, 2009.

1. helmstead

helmstead New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Alfordsville, IN
    Today, according to what I'm assuming must be an inaccurate breeding memo, would be day 154 for my Nubian doe, Scarlett.

She lost her ligs on Saturday, 2/7 - only they came back Sunday. Lost them again Tuesday...then they're back a little again last night. She even had a small amount of amber gloop Wednesday. Her udder is full but not tight. Babies have dropped, and she's lost a couple dress sizes which I can only assume means they're lining up. I can get my whole hand under and around her tailhead. She's up and down all day, paws then rests, but still bright eyed and bushy tailed with plenty of baby movement going on.

So, what do you all think she's waiting on? LOL

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I wonder if maybe she had a 5 day heat afterwards :shrug:

But at least you know she has babies on the way!!! LOL!

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    frustrating. But they cant stay pregnant for forever, though it fells like it. If you didnt witness the breeding it might be a day or so off or she could be waiting till closer to 160. who knows. I had a doe kid on day 151 last year :shrug:

4. capi71

capi71 New Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Jasper, Georgia
    OH doesn't she know what she is doing to us???? :hair: Well....yes prolly!!

5. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Oh my!! Just tell her she will be perpetually grounded if she doesn't have those kids very soon. :wink: :sigh:

6. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    It sounds like she likes driving you crazy :hair: . My first one isn't due 'till around the 25th and I am so ready for that time to be here. I hate waiting to.

7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Any news Kate on your Nubie???

I have 14 days till due date - I am getting my kid fixes from you all - come on and spit them out!

8. helmstead

helmstead New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Alfordsville, IN
    <<passes out>>

Still nothing! I swear, I bet my Pygmy doe, Becky, beats Scarlett to the punch! This is insane! I can't get over how wrong the breeders were about her breeding dates. I also am daily amazed by the size of her udder :cool:

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :hug: hang in there.....I know the feeling.... :wink:

10. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I hate poor record keeping. I use fiasco farm's breeding spreadsheet as well as a goat diary and jot it down on a calendar. I've had computers crash and if you don't have a physical record you're screwed (sorry but true).

I've had MANY does shock the dickens out of me with how their udder gets bigger and bigger and bigger. And keep going! So hopefully she won't keep you in suspence much longer and will give you some kids soon!

11. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

She's waiting for you to go to town or run some important errand. As soon as you leave the driveway she will start pushing.
    beth

12. helmstead

helmstead New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Alfordsville, IN
    Here is her udder today. I'm happy with the overall shape of it, too bad about the big ole ugly bottle teat though. I was concerned that she was going to have one of those long udders with too much medial separation that look like two coke liter bottles slung together. I think she'll make a nice cross to my Nigerian bucks next fall.

I've been watching this darn doe for three, going on 4 weeks now...her breeders were wrong, wrong, wrong about her due date! Surely we're close!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    WOW Kate, I hate to tell you but I think she has a little more bake time. I would guess close to a week at least

14. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Yeah...she's gonna make you wait even longer. That teat isn't all bad...is it possible she had a single before that nurse just the one side?

15. helmstead

helmstead New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Alfordsville, IN
    :GAAH:

LOL I know it...we all have given up...she's not even preggers, right? hahaha

She has always had twins...she's just a really high producer and her prev owners didn't stay on top of milking her out. Most of their does had a blown teat...

16. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Sometimes it can be an overwhelming job if theres alot of other things going on besides babies coming. It is a shame though, she is still a pretty girl with a really nice udder overall.

17. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    I am beginning to say the same thing about mine Kate. Shes also a Nubian. I have not felt any ligs for almost a week. Stop and start amber goo. Weird behaviour. We are running the gamut here but still no kids. Maybe shes not pregnant, just fat with an oversized precocious udder????

18. helmstead

helmstead New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Alfordsville, IN
    Hehe that's what I'm saying!

Last night we could already see a difference in her udder in just the few hours past those pictures being taken. She's also started a discharge AGAIN. Buggers. I will be SO happy next go-round when I have a real due date and know what this girl actually looks like before she kids.

19. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    Do you have any change yet? We have gone back to clear/witish goo from the amber goo last night.

20. helmstead

helmstead New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Alfordsville, IN
    Not yet! I turned her out this morning, she went out, greeted all her other doe friends in the nursery pen...and promptly returned to her stall. Right now she's laying there stretching her head out and up, with her ears out to the sides. (watching her on TV) She's just faking me out.