The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Billy the kid (original I know) has been lounging around the last few days he's never been that spunky. But everytime I'm out there his relaxing, he didn't fight for grain today either just stood back. I checked his eyes normal color checked his tummy and massaged it ur felt normal. Poo owe and cud all normal. I gave him probiotics vit mix and wormed him just to be safe...(it's our towns country days and the roads are a mess). Anyways not sure if he's just going to be a layer back guy or not. His dad was pretty easy going anything I may have missed? Ill get a temp in the am when I have an extra set of hands

Sent from my iPhone using GoatSpot

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Roads are a mess so no quick run to the vet till next week...and it's suppose to say poo and pee stupid auto correct

·
Registered
31,477 Posts
How old is he? Could be the start of puemonia...lathargic , depressed acting, off feed or not as interested...Once you get a temp you will know more....
whats the weather like there...my goats get lazy when its hot..bt they will still runon top of eahother at meal time..but maybeyour little man is just hot??

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He's 4 mo. It was "hot" here today 85! He's seeks out attention from me like normal just calm his tail wags like normal. Yeah I need the temp I know maybe ill sneak back out and try to get one. My milk stand is almost done, it would have made it so much easier!

·
Registered
31,477 Posts
lol..it can be a challenge....straddle him facing his rear...squeeze your legs tight against his neck area..and then lift his tail...sometimes its easier to back up to a corner so he has no where to go...best of luck : )

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That did not go ad planned he stepped on it, anyone know of an eat one works on goats?

·
Registered
31,477 Posts
I use a cheap digital lol...sorry it went bad...you can use a regualar mercury kind if thats what you mean

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nope my cheap plastic one is dead I have an ear one but well just wait till tomorrow he's acting normal just chilled and lazy. Hoping I nothing else is going on

·
Registered
31,477 Posts
awe..im sorry he isnt feeling well..if he is chilly..could be he has fever after all...Im not big on giving antibioitcs with our fever or infection..but if you cant get a temp..and he is chilly, lathargic, you know him best if he is off..I might go a head and treat with tyal 200 or Nuflor...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts