Pet Goat Club

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by MyGoatsAreWeirdDogs13, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Now that is a comfortable goat.

2. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    I have 24 “pets” right now. 22 of them are Nigerians and then there’s one pigmy Doe and one boer wether. They’ve been my therapy since my accident and they keep me motivated to learn to walk again. Here’s a couple of photos.

Attached Files:

3. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Now look at those cuties

4. Iluvlilly!

Iluvlilly! Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2019
    Wisconsin
    I would love to join the club!!
    I have 9 Boer goats, a couple are PygmyxBoer crosses.
    Snap was born on April 1st 2018, she's my pet!!
    The others are my pets too but I have more of a bond with Snap!
    Attached are some of my previous goats!

Attached Files:

5. Justaffagirl

Justaffagirl Member

Jan 25, 2021
    Hewitt,texas
    This is my show goat if he doesn’t make it in county I will be keeping him I have county which is the big show where either you sell your goat if he places or you keep him does my goat look good I’m only 14 and I don’t know if he looks good this is my 4th year showing but all my other goats were bigger goats and more muscle but he’s a “large” goat and he has muscle but he hasn’t been shaved in a bit and he looks good to me just a little bit more round than I would like but I’m trying to find people to judge him just wondering if he looks good or at least decent?. Thanks :)

Attached Files:

6. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

Thanks for explaining that! Sounds like a nice place to eat!

7. Justaffagirl

Justaffagirl Member

Jan 25, 2021
    Hewitt,texas
    I love your goat in your profile he’s so cute.

8. MadHouse

I love the boer boy (what’s his name?) looking into the dwarf house!

9. MadHouse

Thanks! That’s Willow, she’s a doe. :)

10. MadHouse

That is a priceless picture!!! Absolutely adorable!

11. Judy/Ron

Judy/Ron Active Member

Jan 12, 2021
    Lakeland, FL
    Hey hello. We would like to join the Pet Goat Club! Our four Nigerian Dwarf wethers are just pets and so spoiled (guilty). Rascal is sixteen months old and lives up to his name. Shawn Patrick is the only goat in Florida with an Irish accent, he's a year and two months old. Buttons and Snickers are half brothers from a local registered herd here in Central Florida. They are a year and two months old and their birthdays are only two days apart! Their favorite treats are whatever we are eating at the time... Mostly we just give animal crackers. They don't seem to like any vegetables or fruits particularly so we just stick to what we know they like...

12. Justaffagirl

Justaffagirl Member

Jan 25, 2021
    Hewitt,texas
    my my show Goat and her would be great friends my show goats name is Clyde I posted some pictures of him on here not to long ago I’m trying to see how he looks.

13. Damfino

Damfino Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Right behind you
    Do it! Every year during State Fair or after the 4th of July parade people take their horses up to the drive-thru windows in Pueblo. I've also been to the drive-thru with goats riding in the open truck bed, and that always gets a rise out of the restaurant staff! Making people smile (or laugh!) should be everyone's goal in life. :)

14. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Member

Jan 20, 2021
    Canada
    I would love to join! I’m getting two goats this spring, Timmy the Pygmy/Fainting cross wether, he’s about two weeks old and (crossing fingers) Betty, the Nigerian dwarf doeling. I have yet to meet them, but I have plenty of baby photos of Timmy and will soon be getting in contact with a breeder for Betty! Very excited to bring the kids home and find out their favourite treats.

15. Damfino

Damfino Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Right behind you
    I tie my goats to parking poles. They're used to it by now. ;)

Our first goat got busted by the mall cops when he was a little tyke. This would have been Christmas break 2002 when we took baby Cuzco with us on a road trip from western NY to MA, then to VT and back. We stopped at a mall because my husband was craving mall Chinese food, but we knew we couldn't take Cuzco inside with us. So I tied him to a light pole in the parking lot right next to our Buick and left him with a bowl of water and a little pile of hay. He was also wearing his blanket because it was cold outside.

When we came outside we saw flashing lights in the vicinity of our car, which was parked way out in a non-busy section of the parking area. We hustled over and found an official-looking vehicle parked next to ours and several mall cops standing around talking on their radios and looking confused about what to do. Apparently someone had reported Cuzco as an "abandoned" goat. We assured the mall cops that Cuzco was most certainly not abandoned--we just didn't think he'd be welcome inside the mall so we had to make him wait outside. They agreed that leaving the goat outdoors was the better option and they walked away laughing and shaking their heads.

We had a close disaster the very next day when we stopped at K-Mart to buy some new windshield wipers. There were no light poles in the parking lot so I tied Cuzco by shutting his leash in the door of our car. It seemed sturdy when I tugged on it, but it wasn't a strong enough hold for a determined goat! As soon as Phil and I disappeared inside the store, Cuzco panicked and pulled the leash free. We emerged from the store about 15 minutes later to find a small crowd gathered out front and our goat standing in the middle of it. He'd run after us, but since this was a very old K-Mart it didn't have automatic doors, so he'd stood out front looking in through the glass and screaming his head off. No one was able to console him and everyone was wondering where he'd come from and what to do with him. As soon as Cuzco saw Phil and I he calmed right down. We were glad it wasn't a newer store with automatic doors or Cuzco would have been in there like a shot and probably would have caused mayhem running up and down the aisles looking for us and spraying pellets everywhere in his excitement!

In later years, Cuzco came to understand that the Buick (and later on the truck) were his safe place to wait when we went indoors and he stopped crying and trying to follow us because he knew he was in "his" spot and that we would come back.

16. Accidental goat mom

Accidental goat mom Member

Aug 18, 2017
    I have two that are only pets (well, family might be a better term). I have a whether who is almost three (Toggenburg cross is our best bet on breed), his name is Bert, and a doe that just is or just will be three (a Boer) named Zoe. They couldn't be more different. Bert is loving and snuggly and gives kisses, he is thin and has had numerous health issues. Zoe is built like a small tank or hippopotamus, is naughty as can be, and is a total schmoozer when she gets into trouble so she doesn't get yelled at. Their favorite treat is my horse treats...the peppermint kind. I never intended to get goats, but wouldn't trade these two for anything. When people ask me what goats are like, my response is always that if you crossed a horse with a cat, the resulting creature would be a goat!

17. GoofyGoat

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    His name is Alastor Moody. He’s the best boy he lets all the kids jump on him. He’s the best babysitter you could ask for. He also guards all the preggos from getting rammed. He lives up to his name for sure and is a great auror. He’s very determined to get what he’s after. Unfortunately we had to pull him out after he realized there was no one in there. His horns made self removal quite difficult lol :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  18. MadHouse

So loveable!

19. GoofyGoat

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    he got stuck, I added a photo

20. MadHouse

That’s hilarious and scary at the same time. My Coco tried to crawl into a warming barrel (no lamp in it) and got his head stuck when he was a baby sitter!