The Goat Spot Forum banner
121 - 140 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Oh, I’ll join! Finally a place where I can not feel guilty of not milking my NDs lol!

The following NDs would like to join:

Buttercup (4, doe)

Snowflake (4, doe)

Boots (3 1/2, wether)

Dottie (almost 1, doeling)
Welcome! Glad to see a new member. Feel free to post anything about your pet goats here, or anything goat-related (or non-goat-related) you want to share. And if you have something you need help with, but you only want advice from people who have goats as pets instead of for profit (or who have them as both! For example, @Damfino has pack goats and pet goats. It's pretty cool), just ask the Pet Goat Club.

And as a new member, what's something cool or exciting you want to see happen here? The club kinda lost its pizazz, and I want to make it funner (It's a word now) for all the members

·
Registered
Nigerian Dwarfs: Boots, Buttercup, Snowflake, and Dottie!
581 Posts
Hmmmm…..what’s something I want to see happen….how about sending a million dollar check to all your members? 🤣🤣🤣

But honestly I just love to see cute pictures and funny stories of what the kids are up to!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
When @Goatastic43 said funny stories of what the kids are up to," I was reminded of a story that happened a little less than a month ago that I need to share.

I was at the barn doing some work. I let the chickens out, and I didn't close the door behind them in case they wanted to come back in. The chicken "coop" is just a stall in the corner of the barn that we kind of converted into a coop. Right next to it was the barn door, and against the outer wall next to the door is a stack of stall mats. I saw Snickerdoodle stand on them, and figured Jimmy was nearby. I looked around, and then it hit me:

He's in the chicken coop gorging himself on chicken feed.

I ran in, got him out, closed the door, and called the vet. It looked like he ate a lot. The vet came over, had me help pin him against the stall mat stack (we don't have a chute that's goat-sized), and gave him a laxative, an antihistamine (did I spell that right?), and some charcoal through a tube.

I now owe my dad $135.72 because I didn't have the cash on me at the time.

Thanks a lot, Jimmy.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
So, we have 6 barn kittens now. Fez, Kelso, Hyde, Marshall, Jethro, and Hoot. For awhile, Snickerdoodle always spent time with them and was absolutely fascinated with them, so I said that she was an adoptive mom for the kittens. Now she hates the little guys. They bother her and she hits them with her forehead. Then I need to put her in time out, like when she headbutts guests' kids.

If it wasn't obvious, she's a bad goat and a bad mom. But we still love her 🥰

Also, unrelated, but if anybody knows how to teach your cats that your chickens will peck their eyes out if tried to be played with, let me know.

121 - 140 of 147 Posts