The Goat Spot Forum banner
141 - 160 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
Our barn is by the highway, but the goats don't even have interest in setting foot on the driveway. They just run around all day, eating and chasing cats. And eating. Then eating and napping. Then eating while lying down. Then napping, eating, climbing on trailers, eating, being mean to small children, and eating. Nowhere in that day planner is walking away. The furthest they've gone is across the field and into the neighborhood, and that was because I was walking home and they wanted to go with me for whatever reason. Gotta love those guys

I was just wondering who else did it

And is it just me or is it surprisingly easy to train them to stay close? We just started by letting Snickerdoodle out one day after her big "sister," Nutmeg, passed away and she just stayed around

·
Registered
97 Posts
Could I use harness training for just walking them on a harness? My goats like to walk in the neighborhood. The neighbor kids pet them and give them some treats from their pantry. Plus, I want to start hiking with them and a leash is required on a lot of trails. Plus, they don't know their names.

Let me rephrase that. They know their names. It's obvious they do. They just don't like listening.
I walk my goat on a harness. She loves to stop and eat every few feet so I have to carry her a lot 😂 she’s stubborn like a goat 🤣

·
Registered
97 Posts
I would like my goat Rosie to join. She’s a spoiled pet Nigerian Dwarf goat. She’s two years old and lives in the house. She sleeps on my bed and gets wrapped in her fuzzy blankie every night. She wears diapers 😂 I swear I got her on accident.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I think at first the people at the hotel thought I was prancing them when I asked if I could bring a goat. 😂 When I was there I asked them if them if they wanted to see her and they said yes so I brought her down to the lobby. She had one of her dresses on and they all adored her! They said she can come anytime 🤣

·
Registered
97 Posts
She’s so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you! I’ll have to post baby pictures too. I got her when she was a day old. When she was born she couldn’t walk or stand up. I think she was premature and mineral deficient. She was born on a Thursday morning. I work with the family that has her mom. I held her up to her mom that Thursday and then the next day was Friday. I asked them if they were going to do the same and they didn’t seem like they were going to. So I thought about it and told them I could take her home. If I had left her there and she died I would have hated myself. Everyone thought she was going to die. She was so small. She would only drink the smallest amount from her bottle. I thought she would be able to walk in a few days and I would be able to put her back with her mom but it took her a month to walk properly. By then her mom wouldn’t take her back and we were attached to each other 💕

141 - 160 of 180 Posts