The Goat Spot Forum banner
141 - 147 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
Quick question, does anybody else free roam their goats or let them out off-leash? Just randomly thought of that question. That's what I do with Jimmy and Snickerdoodle

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
Our barn is by the highway, but the goats don't even have interest in setting foot on the driveway. They just run around all day, eating and chasing cats. And eating. Then eating and napping. Then eating while lying down. Then napping, eating, climbing on trailers, eating, being mean to small children, and eating. Nowhere in that day planner is walking away. The furthest they've gone is across the field and into the neighborhood, and that was because I was walking home and they wanted to go with me for whatever reason. Gotta love those guys

I was just wondering who else did it

And is it just me or is it surprisingly easy to train them to stay close? We just started by letting Snickerdoodle out one day after her big "sister," Nutmeg, passed away and she just stayed around

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
True. It took me years for my chinchilla, Pedro, to like me, and now he's actually kind of a loyal animal. Didn't know chinchillas were like that until him and I formed that bond

141 - 147 of 147 Posts