The Goat Spot Forum banner
161 - 180 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
I am every where you can’t escape I know your Whereabouts I see you when your sleeping so Why hide
2,026 Posts
Thank you! I’ll have to post baby pictures too. I got her when she was a day old. When she was born she couldn’t walk or stand up. I think she was premature and mineral deficient. She was born on a Thursday morning. I work with the family that has her mom. I held her up to her mom that Thursday and then the next day was Friday. I asked them if they were going to do the same and they didn’t seem like they were going to. So I thought about it and told them I could take her home. If I had left her there and she died I would have hated myself. Everyone thought she was going to die. She was so small. She would only drink the smallest amount from her bottle. I thought she would be able to walk in a few days and I would be able to put her back with her mom but it took her a month to walk properly. By then her mom wouldn’t take her back and we were attached to each other
You did the right thing!

You saved her little life.

And I would love to see her cute little baby photos

·
Registered
93 Posts
She’s so cute!!!!!!!!! awwwwweee!!!!!!!
She would sleep with her eyes open all the time. I thought she was dead 😂 she still does it sometimes but now I know she’s alive and her eyes will be moving around like she’s dreaming. When she was a baby it was terrifying because she was so close to death. I would panic and wake her up and then apologize 😂

·
Registered
540 Posts
Love it! Love your bag of hay, ready at all times! I've thought my one girl would do great as a therapy animal, but she's a big Boer, 200 pounds, with horns and only traveled when I brought them home. And her sister isn't a lover, and would have to come, too, so maybe one day, if I get smaller ones! Great on you, though, educating the public and getting them to meet a good, kind, sweet girl!

·
Registered
93 Posts
🧡 so special! Give her a treat and hug from me!
I definitely will! She loves strawberries. I buy them
for her all the time. By all the time I mean multiple times a week I buy organic strawberries from Costco 😂 I eat some of them too but they are mostly for her. She gets hugs and kisses everyday. She will wrap her neck/head around my arm. Then I kiss her over and over 🤣 she’s very affectionate.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Love it! Love your bag of hay, ready at all times! I've thought my one girl would do great as a therapy animal, but she's a big Boer, 200 pounds, with horns and only traveled when I brought them home. And her sister isn't a lover, and would have to come, too, so maybe one day, if I get smaller ones! Great on you, though, educating the public and getting them to meet a good, kind, sweet girl!
I’ve also taken Rosie to school. The kids and teachers loved her. She was so good too. Rosie is disbudded but has tiny nubs. She only tried to head butt one 7th grade boy 😂 she was perfect for everyone else. She’s so small that if she does try and head butt it’s a joke. She’s only 30 pounds and not very good at head butting. She really doesn’t head butt very often. If my dog tries to sneak a lick in Rosie will act like she’s going to head butt and my dog backs down right away. They are funny to watch. Rosie loves it when my kitties lick her. She never tried to head butt them but will instead freeze with her head low to the ground to try and get a kitty lick.
200 pounds is a huge goat! I don’t think yours will fiton my lap 😂 Rosie sits on my lap when I drive. She immediately goes to sleep 😴

·
Registered
A bunch of goats, 1 cow, 1 horse, 1 dog and three cats
951 Posts
I definitely will! She loves strawberries. I buy them
for her all the time. By all the time I mean multiple times a week I buy organic strawberries from Costco 😂 I eat some of them too but they are mostly for her. She gets hugs and kisses everyday. She will wrap her neck/head around my arm. Then I kiss her over and over 🤣 she’s very affectionate.
That’s so cute! Have you ever tried fig newtons with her there is a strawberry version of them my goats absolutely love them 😊

161 - 180 of 180 Posts