Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by goatygirl8, May 4, 2018.

1. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Pet peeve. Whoever started thos Rona. I wish you get itchy balls and develope fish hooks on your finger nails. I started the symptoms all over again.
    Come on doctors do a Marie Curie and find a darned vaccine already.

2. luvmyherd

luvmyherd Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    NorCal
    Oh Tanya! I am so sorry. My ant bites seem minimal in comparison.

3. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    Pet peeve: can't remember if I said this one before but...when I'm told sarcastically by non goat owners, "how did goats ever survive without you.?" Just burns me up when they think goats are just toss and watch animals.

4. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Tanya..Im so sorry. Get over this covid 19 ...:oops2:
    Luvmyherd...Geez fire ants are awful! So sorry. Your feet look so painful. :imsorry:

Happybleats..yes its hard to tolerate shear stupidity. I agree. People...please THINK before you open that pie hole!:heehee:

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  6. Sfgwife

Sfgwife Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    Pet peeve today.... if you think your “billy” is going into heat you PROBABLY do not NEED to be breeding anything. Oye! And when someone... me.... calls you out on the stupidity do not think that i will shut my mouth quickly.

Or another one this mornin that i saw on a fb goat group too.... several nigi/pigmy does and doelings runnin amok and this BIG ober mixed buck in with them... uhhhh get his arse out of there now right now! Him being agressive at the feed dish is a small bit of your worries.

Ugh people today! I should go clean my house and then knit. I must not be let free reign of my mouth today it seems.

Plus too also..... the deer are in my garden having a smorgasbord... paul’s “deer deterrant” is NOT working. Lol 0312C7E8-0592-49C8-A6D1-0A56253BEF14.jpeg 8FC55843-E6C2-4AB4-9F8D-A7188A208D96.jpeg A9E53DDE-8C4A-4854-8077-7221BE772BF3.jpeg , the jerkeys went for ANOTHER walkabout this mornin. That is only a third of the drive....

7. Goatzrule

Goatzrule Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    New England
    I cant stand bucks and does being called billys and nannys. Where did those terms come from and can they go back where they came from.
    The facebook posts that say "dont comment hate" ....because you know youre doing something dumb that will get hated on for.

8. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

I will kick this Rona in da butt.

We call fire ants red ants here. Those bites look very painful. Blessing prayers to you.

I hate people who come here and call my goats by puckering their lips and clicking at them. They are goats not dogs.

9. luvmyherd

Apr 9, 2011
    NorCal
    These are black ants with a red butt. It was so stupid of me. I knew they were around and was being very careful. My sister (who lives here in Arkansas) had walked across the yard barefoot. I had sandals on and walked right where she had walked and lo, I felt pain, looked down and my feet were covered with ants!!!!!!

[​IMG] Kick that virus's butt girl!!!!

10. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Those are so painful. I hope you are not allergic to the venom. It can be such a nasty. Maybe they thought the sandals were the enemy! I hope your feet feel better soon.

Moers kiko boars and Iluvlilly! like this.
  11. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    This explains a lot, see link. ;)
    https://coloradosheepngoats.wordpress.com/tag/is-a-male-goat-a-billy-or-a-buck/

12. happybleats

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    I remember there was a post on here some time back about this and some one said..difference between Buck and Billy..$$$$ lol

But I admit..im a buck and doe kind of gal,

13. Goatzrule

Feb 7, 2013
    New England
    Thats actually smart. I can see this

14. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I prefer Bucks and Does as well. ;)

Iluvlilly! and Moers kiko boars like this.
  15. luvmyherd

Apr 9, 2011
    NorCal
    I refer to them as Bucks and Does out of habit now. I remember in the 80's reading an article in the Dairy Goat Guide about how we needed to improve the image of goats by not using the antiquated Billy and Nanny. Though it does not really bother me; it just sounds strange now after all these years.

16. Goats Rock

Goats Rock Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    Today's peeve: people that do not want you to disbud kids. I had a kid sold (word only) to a family that insisted I leave the horns alone.
    They have a couple other horned goats, so this made sense, sort of.
    One of the horned goats head butted them. So they had both goats surgically dehorned. (They never told me this). Now they want me to dehorn a 3 month old buck kid. I'm selling him as a buck, to be wethered. Now he will end up at the sale because they don't want a $50 horned kid. (His horn base is really big, he's a full blooded saanen).
    Live and learn.

17. happybleats

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    Ugh how frustrating. I have a customer who wants horn left on. I have them pay in full. If they back out. There loss. Horned dairy goats are hard to sell.

18. Goatzrule

Feb 7, 2013
    New England
    Yes! Everything should be written. It really sticks the world we live in currently where people go back on their word and rely on the other person to fix everything. I learned to never change your practice, if they don't like what you offer than they will go somewhere else

19. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    I sell as God gave me. Boys are intact..Horns are on. If You want any different..after You pay ! You can take them to YOUR VET..and You can change them any way You like.

Goataddict and Iluvlilly! like this.
  20. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Moers I agree. Sadly I have rescued the results of those changes imposed on Gods creatures by uncaring vets. Many of them are not pretty.