Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by goatygirl8, May 4, 2018.

1. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Tonight...I lost.my temper! A pet peeve of mine is putting your head through the fence...1 is learning..2 is annoying...3...you suffer the consequences 20201002_194421.jpg 20201002_194429.jpg

I FEEL MUCH BETTER NOW!

2. Nigerian dwarf goat

Nigerian dwarf goat Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Texas
    Bad goat :)! That reminded me of my buck from last year, Saint, ALWAYS got his head stuck in the hay feeder, and after it happened 3 days in a row, all of the bars were cut off and grate was welded on. It took him AGES to get that hay out, but i didnt have to worry about him hanging himself!

3. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Ok..I am FRUSTRATED..AND BEING QUEEN OF THE CRANKY PANTS PARADE......grrrrrr...ok....just breath...IN the month of Feb & March..I had 2 full blood buckling born...Lightning.
    & Thunderbolt. Sent papers in to ABGA. ..got Lightnings back..no problem..No Thunderbolt
    So I wait. Go thru June..buy 2 does...waiting for papers...now 3 sets...buy 2 more does...I get 4 doe papers..I REALIZE...I HAVE TO GET ANOTHER set of Papers for Thunderbolt original signed ....since they lost the first.set...
    SO TODAY I get.my papers...THUNDER OPTIMUS SMOKIN RUGER...BORN 3/25...IS A DOE? REALLY?? IVE SENT 4 EMAILS..IVE CALLED...AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH HES A BUCKLING!
    Thankyou...I feel better.....a little.....:imok:

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  5. Wcd

Wcd Active Member

Jan 12, 2020
    Middle TN
    Mine is getting a sick Doe, by choice rescue. Doing everything you know to do, then not really being able to figure out what got her over the hump.
    Kind of wish goats were not largely ignored when it comes to research, medication etc.

6. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    Pet peeve: to hit "send" then see a mistake lol

7. Boers4ever

Boers4ever Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2020
    East Texas
    This conversation:
    Them: wow you raise goats?!
    Me: yep I love them.
    Them: you must have so much free time!
    Me: uh why?
    Them: because goats are like the easiest things in the world!
    Me: umm no...*starts explaining goat management
    Them: *zones out and then says: yep I think I’ll buy me a few goats to mow my yard! Better keep the metal cans away from them though!! Anyway bye!
    :eyeroll:

8. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  9. Goats Rock

Goats Rock Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    Pet Peeve- Craigslist ads for puppies. There are so many that start out ****poo, all the poodle crosses then they claim they are AKC registered. No way! They are charging $1000 for mutts, cute but still mutts. Just because it is crossed with a poodle doesn't make it a valuable dog. Some are registered with the CKC, but they seem to take any dog.

People get taken all the time. Unbelievable.

2nd peeve- All these people that adopted a cute puppy in March during the lockdowns are now dumping all those dogs on shelters and our country roads. Gee, a live animal still needs care even if the lockdowns are lifted. So infuriating and sad, too. Poor dogs.....(and cats).

10. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    I agree..give the pets a chance! Puppies grow up to be dogs! Think about this before you take it home! Yes..I get my dogs from shelters . They are Great!

11. Boers4ever

Boers4ever Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2020
    East Texas
    Gosh all we have to do to get a new dog is wait a few days. We probably got like ten stray cats living in our various barns along with our own. It’s sad that people just don’t care.

12. luvmyherd

luvmyherd Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    NorCal
    Yeah! All that about animals. Mixed breeds used to be "free to good home". (Not always a good plan I know.) But my dh's cousins sell poodle mixes for thousands$ and can't keep up with demand. Glad someone has disposable cash.
    And we also have no shortage of cats!

Moers kiko boars and Iluvlilly! like this.
  13. Goatzrule

Goatzrule Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    New England
    Pet peeve is the nastiness of the horse forums. Everyone has to start somewhere

14. CottonwoodBoerGoats

CottonwoodBoerGoats Active Member

Jun 7, 2020
    PNW

Iluvlilly! likes this.
  15. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Here is a pet peeve. People who take out their political anger on innocent animals and farmers. I want to cry today. Protesters set alight 100 000 hectares of farm land in one of provinces which has caused the destruction of 100 farm homes, 600 feed holding barnes and hundreds of cattle, sheep and wildlife are now dead. Its taken 3 days to bring it under control. One farmer got 3rd degree burns and is fighting for his life and he is 25. 2 weeks ago a 21 year old farmer was brutally attacked and murdered. Ugh. Land grabbing is so rife only to have squaters destroy good ariable land and do nothing with it.
    Sorry. My rant for the day. I hate politics.

16. luvmyherd

luvmyherd Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    NorCal
    Wow! That is somewhat more than a pet peeve. I hate it when any political matters hurt the innocent.

17. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Wow. That is horrible.

18. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  19. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  20. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

It is horrible. Its devistating. With lock down the only industry still going normally is our farming industry. This is our main production region. All that is happening now is mass kulling, no money coming in and loss of work. We will need to import food which will raise the yax on food and will cause mass starvation because unemployment has now increased by 75% All this because some people dont want to buy land, pay land tax or water and lights and believe they are entitled because of something thats almost 300 years in the past. It drives me insane. And the government is enabling all of it. And poor animals are the side victims in the whole scenario. Uuuuggggghhhh. Why did the Greeks invent government!