Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by goatygirl8, May 4, 2018.

1. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Its Monday..raining.mud everywhere..cant walk..you skate thru..clean.up..grabbing abga papers to mail back..Thet put the wrong sex on my Buck..fixing my coffee..writing.my grocery list...put dogs up..grab my purse..grab a.coat..since it dropped 40° last night..grabbed a rain coat cause its pouring. Take a breath..organize.papers into my purse..whew! Coffee is finished...might I say right on time...get ready to.pour it into my go cup....wait....its white????:bonk:? Argggghhhhh forgot to put coffee in machine! Uuuughhh..repeat pour water in..put coffee in ...then wait again
    .....Its a rainy Monday...:imok:(rofl)(rofl)(rofl)

2. Boers4ever

Boers4ever Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2020
    East Texas
    Ugh! I know! It’s been pouring here too. It dropped from 72F to 46F in ONE night! My poor goats didn’t know what hit them. I had to put them in the barn last night cause it started pouring down rain. And had to put a heat lamp on for all the cats. It’s FREEZING!

3. Oliveoil

Oliveoil Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2019
    Wisconsin
    Lol, 26 degrees and snow this morning....definitely not ready for winter to come.

Moers kiko boars and Iluvlilly! like this.
  4. Damfino

Damfino Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Right behind you
    26 degrees? Heat wave! We woke up to 6 degrees this morning with around 2 feet of snow. It's not supposed to get this cold in October for heaven's sake! Wait till December--sheesh!

5. Oliveoil

Sep 3, 2019
    Wisconsin
    Burrr...you can keep it there too :heehee:

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  7. Boers4ever

Jun 28, 2020
    East Texas
    6 degrees? How can a human (much less a goat, big babies) survive that cold?! Brrrr glad I live down south!

8. Oliveoil

Sep 3, 2019
    Wisconsin
    But what I want to know is how a human or goat can survive summers in Texas. That sounds absolutely awful!!

9. Zippy Two Dogs

Zippy Two Dogs Member

May 4, 2020
    Georgia
    This is a silly pet peeve but has happened so frequently over the past few weeks it's driving me crazy!

We live right on a main road so the goats get many visitors. We have a "Notes to the Goats" mailbox stocked with sticky notes and a pen, and receive lots of wonderful notes from strangers stopping to say hello to the herd. But recently we've found all these notes from little kids (or adults??) who have written "EAT ME!", all crumpled up, as they've obviously tried to feed them to the goats. Our signs that say "DON'T FEED THE GOATS, it can make them sick" don't seem to be doing the trick.....

...and don't get me started on the crackers, candy, and bits of trash that I find thrown over the fence into the goat pen.... :bonk:

The security cameras and motion detectors we installed a few months back have brought more peace of mind! :cooldude:

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  10. Boers4ever

Jun 28, 2020
    East Texas
    Lol! Awww it only gets about 102 degrees in the summer, not bad at all!

11. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Yeppers..a toasty 110° for a sticky hot day.in August...so glad they are far & few.
    But when we go from 86° sunny..to 34° and raining in 1 24hr time frame...its awful!

GoofyGoat likes this.
  12. goatblessings

goatblessings Fair-Haven Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Southwest Ohio
    I'm glad I have my goats behind my house and not noticeable to anyone. I feel bad for folks who have to battle the looky - loos and problem neighbors.

GoofyGoat and Moers kiko boars like this.
  13. Damfino

Dec 29, 2013
    Right behind you
    On September 8th we went from 92° to 28° in under 12 hours. That was the most dramatic drop I've seen. Colorado wildfires were out of control at the time so there was plenty of color commentary about hell freezing over!

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  14. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

Woah that's some crazy weather! Did you have to do anything to keep that kind of change from stressing out the goats?

15. Damfino

Dec 29, 2013
    Right behind you
    There wasn't much to be done except make sure everyone was bedded down deep and had plenty of hay to last through the night. Neither goats nor horses had winter coats yet so I was worried about them but they did just fine.

16. luvmyherd

luvmyherd Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    NorCal
    All we did was drive across the panhandle (as quickly as possible) in August; "I CAN'T BREATHE! GET ME OUT OF THESE CLOTHES!!!":imok:
    Not that Arkansas was much better but at least my sister has a pool.

17. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Damfino..that's an awful drop. So glad all did well.

GoofyGoat and Iluvlilly! like this.
  18. Goats Rock

Goats Rock Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    Regarding the jerks that are trying to feed the goats paper- can you put hotwires on the people side and if they lean in, get zapped? :nod:

19. senoradirt

senoradirt Active Member

Sep 28, 2019
    Texas
    One thing drives me nuts is when my family says "they'll be fine" when you worry about the goats, of if they say "they're just animals."

And if gets on my nerves when people don't use punctuation or have run-on sentences when they write- life is hard enough without trying to read a darn word salad.

20. goatblessings

goatblessings Fair-Haven Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Southwest Ohio