Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by goatygirl8, May 4, 2018.

1. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Hahaha we figured out it is a Mossie. Man. Its easier feeding these little guys. His hot water bottle and bedding is hardervto keep clean. I love having it here. I dont mind doing the feeding or the rearing. But I sure as heaven wont do the flying lessons.

2. AndersonRanch

AndersonRanch Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    Well it will be fun figuring it out as it grows.
    You are living my dream though! I would love to do rescue for wildlife but there is so many restrictions where I live that would never happen. So I will live threw you!

Iluvlilly! and Moers kiko boars like this.

3. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

It is a job I do with love. I even had a wallaby here once that was illigally brought in. I have rescued donkeys and lizards and even bees. Yes bees. But I work with so many animals. My sister dreams of opening a rescue for dogs. That will take a while.

4. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

Nuh nuh no. You can't just say that without giving us the rest of that story. :waiting:

5. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

The bees. In winter we dont have many plants to pollinate. So I had a farmer that abandoned two hives. Sounds weird I know but you cant leave even bees to their own devices. Bees use water and pollen to make honey. And our natural bee populations are very low. I have a natural water source and a winter and summer garden. So after 6 months of successful winter honey harvests the hives were moved to a bee farm 8 kilometers from me.
    I must say, I dont own a bee keepers suit so I had to make my own. Hazmat suits are wonderful things with duct tape.
    It was fun watching honey production and the cycle.

6. MellonFriend

That's really neat. My sister has a bunch of hives and before I got busy with goats I was her assistant beekeeper, so I know all about how that works.

7. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Tanya how fascinating. You have learned so much from the rescues you helped. I do hope you feel fullfilled with your life. How amazing it would be to know you have helped so many. Thankyou.

8. luvmyherd

luvmyherd Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    NorCal
    Tanya, your picture reminded me of these little guys my daughter and I rescued. She thought one of them was dead but I brought it in and tucked it under my shirt and lo, he warmed up and was fine. The grandson in the 2nd pic is 17 now so this was quite some time ago. All four grew up and flew away. I remember the first night I kept them with me and they went off every 2 hours on the dot.

1Gchip misc 286.jpg 1Gchip misc 298.jpg

9. MellonFriend

Awww so cute! What kind were yours?

10. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Aw guys. I do it because I love to. To me these poor guys have lost their faith in their protectors. God made us in chsrge of sential beings because its the hierarchy he chose. Too often us gaurdians are reall a-holes and forget that. To me every success is a gift and every loss is a tragedy. I sgare what I can and will probably do this to my dying day. Us people can be the guiding light to any other species.

11. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

12. R.Williamson

R.Williamson Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2019
    South Carolina
    Pet peeve- My phone Camera. One minute great pics! Next, all fuzzy but look great on the phone , next set of pics.. too shiny and it looks as if I added a filter or did the little "oil painting effect". Legit driving me nuts

13. Boers4ever

Boers4ever Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2020
    East Texas
    Pet peeve: when a goat is too rambunctious or curious. My last two show goats were so interested with how their food/water buckets and mineral pans worked, that they tipped them completely over and moved them upside down across the pen. Spilling feed, water and minerals everywhere. Uuuugh! I love that goats are curious, but sometimes they’re too rambunctious to do anything with them!!

14. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Oh I know that feeling. I havebyet to master it too.

15. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

:heehee: that applies to all types. I bought a new feed trough two weeks ago, it became the new jungle gym.

16. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Its a holiday..and the in law says poop to start problems. Arrrrrrgggghhhh. Then lies about it cause they dont know the family involved already talked about the situation.... Why? Is there always 1 who does this? Im glad its handled for Thanksgiving..my family won't be getting together. Covid has too many of us in quarantine...now...with this...we dont really mind not being around this one. Hopefully they can keep their mouth shut so we can enjoy Christmas. Or...they can stay away on Christmas and let the rest of us enjoy their abscence...:clever:

Iluvlilly! and Tanya like this.
  17. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Here here....or is it.... hear hear

18. Goats Rock

Goats Rock Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    My peeve of yesterday is power outages. We pay a pretty high maint. fee on our electric bill. Then the wind blows, or it rains or we get snow- power goes off. I can count on 2 hands the times our power went off between 1960 and 3 years ago. (That is 57 years - 8 outages) In the last 3 years, we have lost power for more than 2 days at least 6 times and power drops down to brown outs 4 or 5 times a month, up to 10 times some months. All our computers, tv, (cheap old picture tube job), washer and dryer have battery back ups- the power drops will fry the computers in everything.

We have a half mile of underground utilities, so its not our wiring- its the darned electric co. Its fun to water 50+ goats with hauled 5 gal. buckets to the other farm. (home farm has a generator on the house to run well pump to the barn, and a few lights in the house, plus furnace). So, I am mad at the Illuminating Company - that is mismanaging our payments and not doing maintenance on the power lines! grrrrr!

Iluvlilly!, Tanya, Sfgwife and 2 others like this.
  19. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Here in South Africa there is a fancy name for it. Its called Load Shedding. And is something done on purpose. Before 1994 the only time there were outages was due to sabotage from criminals. Now its sabotage from government. I feel ja. We run on gas here.

20. Goats Rock

Goats Rock Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    Pet peeve today is ME. I can't believe I made such a rookie mistake. I have a beautiful Alpine doe kid born March of 2020. Big, nice, well put together. And wild. She was dam raised, I have trimmed her feet periodically, gave CDT's and she was disbudded and tattooed and thats about it. I noticed that her feet were getting long, tonight, so I grabbed her and trimmed them. No problems- then I noticed it- 2 FISH TAIL TEATS! HUH?

Well, she is hairy, wild and never sick. So she really was just part of the group of 30 goats. I cant believe I missed that! I am so mad at myself. I'm debating- put her down or sell as a meat goat. I sure don't want those fishtails to be passed on. Darn, she is a pretty doe.....