The Goat Spot Forum banner

881 - 885 of 885 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
I definitely understand that. My family especially used to not really take my knowledge seriously. But now I think I’ve gotten to the point where they are just like: “they’re YOUR goats!” So they leave me alone about it. Especially since I’ve done quite a few goat presentations and lectures for the local AG kids and ranchers.
Sounds like my family lol! My family won't usually lecture.. because they all are new to goats too...it's usually the old men/ gardeners who had a cow or two at home..maybe a couple goats. The funny thing is..they will always give cow-related advice for my goats and ridiculous ones at that.. worm every three months with kitten dewormer, tie them up, breed after birth, feed boiled beans and pulses( I got my whole herd having diarrhea after someone fed them without permission)!. And many will not even consider that they are mine...they will put the doe in with the buck or feed them whatever in my absence.At the end I have to play the 'i will tell father and you'll be fired' card. Hate doing that!

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
Peeve on job listings..serious inquiries only???? Duh...i go through this for fun???? Really??
Only applicants "with experience" really? How do you get that....unless you are hired.
Just the wording...and of course no info on pay per hour, salary, benefits...makes me want to apply...Not!.🤪🤣😂

881 - 885 of 885 Posts