Phase II has begun

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by goathappy, Mar 10, 2008.

1. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Phase 2 has begun for kidding, good news bad news(again)

Good news, Blacky kidded with two kids. What's the good news?

She had a buck and a doe, must be a blue moon because THE GIRL IS MOSTLY BLACK!!!!! :leap: :leap: :leap: the boy is mostly black too, the girl has a white belly she is so pretty. Blacky's first daughter(finally) too :D

Ok bad news, Raven kidded with twin bucks :doh: :doh: :doh: They are really pretty, they are apricot colored :) Its funny, I was doing my biology and I couldn't figure out why I felt so sick like something was wrong. I went out and checked on Raven and sure enough she's got two kids on the ground already cleaned off. Such a good girl :)

I think Muriel will go next, we have about 7 does due in the next two weeks.

2. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Congrats on the kids!! Glad you got a black girl!! That's too bad about Raven though, I know you would have loved to get a doe from her.

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Yeah I know, better luck next time :sigh: I'm really happy about this girl though, she's just a doll :)

4. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
  5. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Congrats! And hopefully you will have better luck with Raven next year.

6. LiddleGoteGurl

LiddleGoteGurl New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Bummer about Raven, but congrats!! I bet the boys are super pretty, just like her. And Blacky had a black doe!! That is so awesome! :cool:

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Sarah,
    Don't look at it as bad news, maybe that is a sign that you need to keep one as a herd buck. I look at ti as HEY, at least all three are alive and adorable. It all happens for a reason.
    OK, now we want pictures of the all.

8. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Yay! Congrats on the black girl! Bummer about Raven's buck kids, but like Lori said...at least they are alive and healthy. :greengrin:

9. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Actually yes I am going to keep a buck born this year to use this fall :) I'm still trying to decide between Kadi's buck and one of Raven's, I'm going to have to wait and see how Raven's udder looks in full milk till I decide.

I'll try and get pics posted tonight :) Raven's boys are so sweet, already getting into mischief. I went out there and there was only one baby in the pen, I started freaking because I thought Raven laid on the other one. So I got her up but no smashed baby under her so I started searching around the barn. Found the kid sleeping quietly in a corner :) I'm going to call him Rebel without a Clue :wink: :lol:

10. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Haha! Rebel without a Clue! LOVE IT! :ROFL: :slapfloor:

11. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Hehe, well Rebel without a Clue is part of the song "Into the Great Wide Open" by Tom Petty, I was going with a song theme this year(had a bunch of really cool girl names) If Raven had a girl I was going to name it "She's a Rebel" which is a Green Day song.

Downloading pics off the camera now :)

12. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Ok pics!!! First off, Blacky's kids, pics aren't that great since it was dark in the pens and black kids under a heat lamp look funny. The little boy was born with an entropian but we gave him a remedy and that took care of it.

Little girl is the one on the right with the white on her side
    [​IMG]

Little Girl:
    [​IMG]

Little boy:
    [​IMG]

and just because she was being a sassy thing here is Edith(finally has a name)
    [​IMG]

And here's Raven's kids, first Rebel saying hi to Titan(Kadi's buck):
    [​IMG]

Rebel and his brother giving kisses:
    [​IMG]

Other boy(thinking of calling him Rogue)
    [​IMG]

Rogue again meeting his brother Miller:
    [​IMG]

13. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Do those pics look big to anybody else? PB didn't resize them for me it looks like :scratch:

14. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    The pics are fine, not to big at all. They are SO cute!! Congrats on them all! I love that picture of Edith!

15. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Thanks!! Edith is such a brat, when Blacky was having her kids I had to hold the squirmy little thing because she wanted to see the new kids. And when you go out there around feeding time, she gives THE most pitiful baa like you're starving her :lol:

16. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Of course! She wants to see the new little things that she gets to boss around! :lol: Lol, that's too funny!

17. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congrats on all those healthy and adorable kids! You are right on the little doeling being a keeper, I love the white belly!

18. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Thanks!

Muriel has been pretty miserable today, I hope she has triplets since she's pretty big. Obes tend to have small birth canals. Poor girl is huge :p I'm no longer thinking pink, I'm thinkingBLUE!!! hehehe..... :D

19. LiddleGoteGurl

LiddleGoteGurl New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Oh Sarah!! They are so adorable! AHHHH I want babies so bad!! :drool: :drool:

Raven's boys are sooo cute.. and so are Blacky's babies. And Edith :lol:

20. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Thanks!!

Muriel had a discharge last night so I put her in the kidding pen, nothing this morning, I let her out so she can graze. David has two does due today, they are huge. So nothing new to report I guess :)