The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Phase 2 has begun for kidding, good news bad news(again)

Good news, Blacky kidded with two kids. What's the good news?

She had a buck and a doe, must be a blue moon because THE GIRL IS MOSTLY BLACK!!!!! :leap: :leap: :leap: the boy is mostly black too, the girl has a white belly she is so pretty. Blacky's first daughter(finally) too :D

Ok bad news, Raven kidded with twin bucks :doh: :doh: :doh: They are really pretty, they are apricot colored :) Its funny, I was doing my biology and I couldn't figure out why I felt so sick like something was wrong. I went out and checked on Raven and sure enough she's got two kids on the ground already cleaned off. Such a good girl :)

I think Muriel will go next, we have about 7 does due in the next two weeks.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Congrats on the kids!! Glad you got a black girl!! That's too bad about Raven though, I know you would have loved to get a doe from her.

·
Premium Member
10,557 Posts
Sarah,
Don't look at it as bad news, maybe that is a sign that you need to keep one as a herd buck. I look at ti as HEY, at least all three are alive and adorable. It all happens for a reason.
OK, now we want pictures of the all.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually yes I am going to keep a buck born this year to use this fall :) I'm still trying to decide between Kadi's buck and one of Raven's, I'm going to have to wait and see how Raven's udder looks in full milk till I decide.

I'll try and get pics posted tonight :) Raven's boys are so sweet, already getting into mischief. I went out there and there was only one baby in the pen, I started freaking because I thought Raven laid on the other one. So I got her up but no smashed baby under her so I started searching around the barn. Found the kid sleeping quietly in a corner :) I'm going to call him Rebel without a Clue :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hehe, well Rebel without a Clue is part of the song "Into the Great Wide Open" by Tom Petty, I was going with a song theme this year(had a bunch of really cool girl names) If Raven had a girl I was going to name it "She's a Rebel" which is a Green Day song.

Downloading pics off the camera now :)

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok pics!!! First off, Blacky's kids, pics aren't that great since it was dark in the pens and black kids under a heat lamp look funny. The little boy was born with an entropian but we gave him a remedy and that took care of it.

Little girl is the one on the right with the white on her side

Little Girl:

Little boy:

and just because she was being a sassy thing here is Edith(finally has a name)

And here's Raven's kids, first Rebel saying hi to Titan(Kadi's buck):

Rebel and his brother giving kisses:

Other boy(thinking of calling him Rogue)

Rogue again meeting his brother Miller:

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks!! Edith is such a brat, when Blacky was having her kids I had to hold the squirmy little thing because she wanted to see the new kids. And when you go out there around feeding time, she gives THE most pitiful baa like you're starving her :lol:

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks!

Muriel has been pretty miserable today, I hope she has triplets since she's pretty big. Obes tend to have small birth canals. Poor girl is huge :p I'm no longer thinking pink, I'm thinkingBLUE!!! hehehe..... :D

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks!!

Muriel had a discharge last night so I put her in the kidding pen, nothing this morning, I let her out so she can graze. David has two does due today, they are huge. So nothing new to report I guess :)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts