Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'TGS Announcements & Help' started by Tyler, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Tyler

Tyler New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Central Illinois
    I thought that I would bring up the idea of having a special gallery on the forum that we could upload pictures into, rather than having to post pics via URL.

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    You can upload pictures straight on the the board without using an url - but the pixels have to be so small that most upload to photobucket and then paste the img url.

Is that what you were asking about?? :shrug:

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    click "browse" and then select the picture. Make sure it is 430X430 pix or less and it will upload fine. :)

4. Tyler

Tyler New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Central Illinois
    @ Kelebek: Having a photo gallery to upload pics into, so you don't have to make a new post every time you want people to see your pics.

@ StaceyRoop: Where do I click "browse"?

5. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    scroll down below where you type your message field - it will say "upload attachement" below where you click "Submit" (well actually between the two submit buttons)

YOu can have up to 5 pictures per post.

First click "browse" then find the picture file you want and select it. Then click "add the file." Then to add more pictures by clicking browse again etc

To have them placed in where you type then click the drop down box where it says "Place in line" (you will only see this AFTER you upload a picture)

It will place it whever your cursor is and then you will see the file link. Have more questions? just ask. I maybe able to do a "tutorial" on it if I get some time this weekend

6. Tyler

Tyler New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Central Illinois
    Ok. I'm still having problems. I'm not finding any "Browse" button. Might it by any chance be the same as the "Choose File" button?

7. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    ok I dont see a "choose file button" But this should give you an idea on how to post pictures

First You want to scroll down past where you type and you should see this:
    [attachment=4:2kupw5c1]browse button.JPG[/attachment:2kupw5c1]

Then click it and you wil see this:
    [attachment=3:2kupw5c1]posting pictures 2.JPG[/attachment:2kupw5c1]

once you select the picture you want from your computer and say "open" it will show up here like this:
    [attachment=2:2kupw5c1]posting pictures 3.JPG[/attachment:2kupw5c1]

You will then need to click the Submit File button

Once you click submit file it will do a quick upload and a window will pop up (does it so fast I can't get a screen shot)

after teh upload is complete you will see this little thing come up under you type
    [attachment=1:2kupw5c1]posting pictures4.JPG[/attachment:2kupw5c1]

Place your curser where you want it to place the picture in your message field (where you type) then add some info - I like am doing now with these pictures)
    [attachment=0:2kupw5c1]posting pictures5.JPG[/attachment:2kupw5c1]

Click submit like you usually do and it should show up like this.

If you need these pictures bigger email me and request them stacey.roop@gmail.com The forum only suports a 430X430 pix picture so I have to resize it down so it isnt as ledgable as I would like.

Attached Files:

8. Tyler

Tyler New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Central Illinois
    Ok. I guess the Safari browser displays it differently. Thanks for the pics! :)

[attachment=0:2cc4m1fk]BeggingGoat.JPG[/attachment:2cc4m1fk]
    (This is a test)

Attached Files:

9. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  10. horselover

horselover New Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Oh I think that having a forum that can upload pictures without posting them is you know AWESOME!!! Except all I have that are pictures are me horseback riding other horses- some English and some Western- Yet this is a goat website not a horse website. So what do I do?

11. farmgirl1

farmgirl1 New Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Monroeville, NJ
    How do you take screen shots??? I've always wondered

12. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    Stacey that was great! :)

farmgirl1, you just press the "print screen" button up by the function keys, mine actually says "PRTSC" and below that it says "SYSRQ" which I have no idea what that means. anyhow, after you press that button, open the Paint program and go to EDIT and then PASTE and it pops up into your Paint program ready to alter or save :D

13. farmgirl1

farmgirl1 New Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Monroeville, NJ
    Thanks!! lol i was sooo excited I took one of your answer!!

14. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    hahaha Very good ;) I took one of mine recently because my desktop has Bandit's udder on it, courtesy of my hubby. So it was pretty fresh in my mind of "how to" ;)

15. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    You did it.... love the goats face ...very nice.. :wink: :greengrin: :thumb: