Photo theives?

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by eliya, May 18, 2009.

1. eliya

eliya New Member

Does anyone know how to find out where on Ebay someone used their picture? Photobucket sent me a notice about a new feature they have on tracking the stats on your pictures. It showed me that my photo of Raisin's udder has been viewed on ebay.co.uk 428 times. I do NOT have her picture on there. Someone else must be using it. I deleted the picture from my photobucket album, but I really wanted to see what they were using it for. Do you have any idea how to find it? I did several searches on it, but couldn't find it.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    did they give you a specific link back to where it was viewed? Thats what my stats on my website does. But I am not familiar with photobucket's stat info

3. eliya

eliya New Member

No, they just said 'ebay.co.uk'

4. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Hmmmm.....I can't think of anything the British Ebay site would want to use that pic for :shrug: Thats weird :scratch:

If you are worried about having your pics stolen from your PB album, you can put the album on private.

5. eliya

eliya New Member

I wasn't really worried about it, until I found that it was on an ebay site! Like you said, I can't imagine what they were using it for! I'm hoping that deleting the picture took care of that problem. I'm just super curious as to what it was being used for!

6. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I just put my album on private too.

That is really strange. :scratch:

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    There is a scam .....people are stealing animal pics of goats, exotic birds, ect......putting them on "there website" and selling your animals in a picture.... in which...... they do not have .....getting the money for these animals..... that they do not own......they take peoples money and don't have product... :(

8. eliya

eliya New Member

Olivia, can you still use the pictures on here and websites if it is 'private'?

9. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Yes, you can - but with photobucket - even though it is private, you can still copy the picture if there is a direct link to the picture. If you are set to private, it just stops people from looking all through your photobucket account.

10. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    You should be able to disable right clicking on your website so that they can't get stolen on there.

11. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
  12. eliya

eliya New Member

Thanks Dreamchaser, I was just trying to figure out how to do that!

13. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    It at least warns them that you do not want your pictures taken. They can still steal images by viewing the source (HTML code) But it works for people who aren't web savy. (My mother or husband wouldn't know how)

I love dynamicdrive. It's a great way to cheat on your webpages to make them look nice.