The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a little update. She is about 6 months old now. While she may still be tiny I'm happy she is still alive and finally growing. Her hair is also soft so she is getting healthy.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,603 Posts
Wow, she is beautiful!

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
She's very pretty! :)
I have two ND doelings that are teensy, too, I got them very stunted, but I'm trying to get them big and healthy, though it's taking a long time.
They're nearly 8 months old, about 30 pounds I think.
Do you know what Dreamer weighs?

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
10,704 Posts
Precious baby. Loved seeing her. Her coat looks even better than when I last saw her, Stacey! Little TLC goes a long way. Cutest little thing, I just wanted to take her home, slap a diaper on her, and keep her inside with a litter box, lol!

·
Premium Member
28,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Trickyroo I have thought of sellin her so she can be a pet for someone. But I just can't seem to do it. Mostly because she was so sickly and needed so much TLC. Now that she is doing better I want to see of she will mature. She may never so I maybe forced to sell her since I already have 2 pets! And I promised my husband the goats would pay their way after this year.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Stacey, She is a doll! Reading this thread makes me wonder about my alpine girl, She had a hard start from the begging. Was born in the last blizzard of the year out in the snow left to die, was found by the owner half frozen to death (as she put it) Mom wouldn't accept her, so she had to be bottle fed. She was born April 15th, and is just 59lbs. She looks good and healthy, no fish tale, some rusting (she is black) and a slight wry face, just enough to see that its crooked, but thats it. She eats, drinks, plays and etc. great. So I wonder, if she stays this small by the times she is 8 months, would it be best to never breed her, breed her to a ND due to her size or just wait a year and see or ? Still very very new to all this, only have had them for 3 1/2 months.

·
Premium Member
28,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Laura as to your girl. I would give her till next fall to see how she grows. But with a crooked faced you may not want to breed her anyway as that's a fault and can be passed on. It can get worse with time and make it harder for her to eat. It may not but its good to be aware just in case

1 - 20 of 49 Posts