Photography.

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Crissa, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I love LOVE taking photos! (as you all well know, :greengrin: ) But I think I've been getting better at it. Please PLEASE give me your honest opinions on this photo, I've got it in a small amateur photo contest.

Taken at the Oklahoma City Zoo, specifically in the Oklahoma Trails exhibit. This poor little Blue Jay was trying to convince my friend and I to let it out of it's cage. :( I felt so bad for it because everytime we walked away it would cry to us.

Title: Caged.
    [​IMG]

2. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    I think it's good, it really show's his expression, and I love black and white pics :)

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    wow..very sharp.

only thing that bugs me is the fence that blocks his beak.

4. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Thank you both! And AlaskaBoers, that's part of the point, since he's "Caged". :wink: I would love to get a version of it without the cage too though, just because I think it would look nice as well. :)

5. Tyler

Tyler New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Central Illinois
    Very, very good! I love the sharpness, and detail of the pic. Color correction couldn't be better. I agree with you - the cage tells a story. I sooo love this pic! Great job on it, and I hope you do well in the contest! :)

6. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Mass
    I really like it Crissa :) The composition is good and I love the feeling it evokes. I tend to prefer slightly more contrasty photos, myself, but the detail in the feathers and the reflection in the eye is awesome! The title matches it well, too. If it was called something else I might not like the fence in the foreground, but I think it adds to the overall effect this way. Well done :thumb:

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    very nice and sharp... that is for sure... :thumbup: ..wow.. look at the detail in the eye... :shocked: :greengrin:

8. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Thank you all so much! I was so happy with this picture, I think that it is the best I've EVER taken. I'm supposed to be getting a Nikon D40 or D60 for Christmas, then I can hopefully really start getting more serious about taking pictures. :greengrin:

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Your welcome Crissa.......... :greengrin:

10. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    ahh.. yeah I knew that :) :doh: lol

i love how you can see the individual feathers!

11. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Very nice Crissa!! I like it.

12. rkalgren

rkalgren New Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Falls Creek, PA
    I love the reflection of the cage wire in its eye.

13. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Nikon camera's are amazing Crissa, you would love the D40 or D60 for sure!! My sister used to have the D40 and it was a great camera, she really liked it.