Photos of Birth - slightly graphic - and potential breeding?

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by laststraw, Oct 1, 2008.

1. laststraw

laststraw Guest

Oct 6, 2007
    Here are some photos of just after the birth - we were all too shell-shocked at the unexpected timing to actually catch the birth in progress... Click on the pics to see them larger.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So... hubby and I were talking and we are definitely keeping the White and Gold doeling, but we're unsure of what to do with the BE buckskin buckling. He looks so perfect, but I know he is tiny yet. We were thinking of keeping him intact and breeding him back to our two unrelated buckskin does. What do you think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are our unrelated buckskin does that we might breed him to.
    Eco won third place in her first show:
    [​IMG]
    Zuni is Eco's dam:
    [​IMG]

2. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm Guest

Sep 18, 2008
    gold and white doeling :drool: ohmygosh

3. laststraw

laststraw Guest

Oct 6, 2007
    Oh yes, that was rude of me wasn't it??? :shocked: Here she is! She is a darling!! Looks like she'll have those gold eyes, too... just dreamy... :love:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm Guest

Sep 18, 2008
    beautiful. Only thing wrong with her is the fact that she isn't mine. :)

5. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Too cute!~ I love your little buckling too!! hubba hubba! :D

6. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    She kinda reminds me of Leona owned by capriola-nd

Very Pretty :drool:

7. Julie

Julie New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Southern PA
    OH MY GOODNESS !!!!!!!! If you were closer to PA - that doeling would be M I N E !!! I LOVE that color combo !!! I was going to purchase a nd this past summer that looked like that ... I have wanted those colors, still never got them exactly. Kinda forgot about it to. But next year I'm planning to purchase a couple of nd does, so I might have to search for that color combo ! Er you could just bring HER to me and I'd give her a WONDERFUL home !! :wink: (I WISH)

Congrats !
    Oh and, the buckling's adorable to !!

8. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Very cute babies! Yeah, the little girl does look kind of like Leona. Seems like we have a lot of gold and white goaties. :) It's a very pretty color combo. Anywho, congrats on the beautiful babies!

What is momma's udder like? If it is super nice and she looks good, then the buckling could be a prospective sire. He looks handsome now, just watch him mature a little more. Can u take more pics? One of his rear leg set, a front view, and maybe one looking down? That would be cool. :)

9. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    Capriola I love Leona If i lived closer I would steal her xD

10. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Thanks!! She's so sweet and cute! She has nice conformation too! :D I finally weaned her, yeah! :cool:

11. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congrats on the beautiful kids Erin!! Yep that lil' girl is a teeny one, but is a beauty, her brother is just too cute with the color pattern and the BE...Wow, you sure do have a dilemma don't you :wink: