Photos of Birth - slightly graphic - and potential breeding?

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by laststraw, Oct 1, 2008.

1. laststraw

laststraw New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    New Mexico
    Here are some photos of just after the birth - we were all too shell-shocked at the unexpected timing to actually catch the birth in progress... Click on the pics to see them larger.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So... hubby and I were talking and we are definitely keeping the White and Gold doeling, but we're unsure of what to do with the BE buckskin buckling. He looks so perfect, but I know he is tiny yet. We were thinking of keeping him intact and breeding him back to our two unrelated buckskin does. What do you think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are our unrelated buckskin does that we might breed him to.
    Eco won third place in her first show:
    [​IMG]
    Zuni is Eco's dam:
    [​IMG]

2. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    gold and white doeling :drool: ohmygosh

3. laststraw

laststraw New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    New Mexico
    Oh yes, that was rude of me wasn't it??? :shocked: Here she is! She is a darling!! Looks like she'll have those gold eyes, too... just dreamy... :love:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    beautiful. Only thing wrong with her is the fact that she isn't mine. :)

5. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Too cute!~ I love your little buckling too!! hubba hubba! :D

6. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    She kinda reminds me of Leona owned by capriola-nd

Very Pretty :drool:

7. Julie

Julie New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Southern PA
    OH MY GOODNESS !!!!!!!! If you were closer to PA - that doeling would be M I N E !!! I LOVE that color combo !!! I was going to purchase a nd this past summer that looked like that ... I have wanted those colors, still never got them exactly. Kinda forgot about it to. But next year I'm planning to purchase a couple of nd does, so I might have to search for that color combo ! Er you could just bring HER to me and I'd give her a WONDERFUL home !! :wink: (I WISH)

Congrats !
    Oh and, the buckling's adorable to !!

8. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Very cute babies! Yeah, the little girl does look kind of like Leona. Seems like we have a lot of gold and white goaties. :) It's a very pretty color combo. Anywho, congrats on the beautiful babies!

What is momma's udder like? If it is super nice and she looks good, then the buckling could be a prospective sire. He looks handsome now, just watch him mature a little more. Can u take more pics? One of his rear leg set, a front view, and maybe one looking down? That would be cool. :)

9. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    Capriola I love Leona If i lived closer I would steal her xD

10. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Thanks!! She's so sweet and cute! She has nice conformation too! :D I finally weaned her, yeah! :cool:

11. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congrats on the beautiful kids Erin!! Yep that lil' girl is a teeny one, but is a beauty, her brother is just too cute with the color pattern and the BE...Wow, you sure do have a dilemma don't you :wink: