Pick him apart for me.

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by myfainters, Sep 22, 2010.

1. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    OK.... this is the buck that I'm thinking really hard about getting. He is WAY out of my price range.... but I like his lineage A LOT and his sire is literally one of my favorite myotonic bucks. I also really like his dams lines. He's 2 years old and has already produced 2 Grand Champions and a few Res. Champ doelings and bucklings. However, he's not polled and I REALLY need a polled buck as I only have room for 4-5 bucks here and I'm already maxed out. :sigh: What would YOU do???? :scratch:

Attached Files:

2. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    WOw, he looks nice, but he's a little too steep in the rump for me.....

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    may be steep, look at the muscling in his rear end.
    if he will improve your does, go for it. trust your instinct

4. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    I don't know anything about fainters but he is certainly a stocky fellow. I agree with the others he looks steep but maybe that's not a bad thing in fainters??? I say also, trust your instinct, be honest with yourself. I have failed to trust my instinct a couple times and it turned out badly. That is when I couldn't sleep at night because my gut was trying to tell me that something wasn' right. I think if it feels right and you have no reservations, then it is right. But life is all based on desicions that we make at that time. Right or wrong. Did that make since??

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree he is steep.... but ...you mentioned you loved his bloodlines and wow.... :shocked: look at that muscling ...everywhere.... he is a chunk...... he produced champions already.... so that... should tell you something.... :wink: :thumb:

Maybe sell off a buck.... so you have the room for him.... pulled or not... look at him... :wink:

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    hey Jess what did you decide?

7. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    I passed on him but am on the waiting list for first pick POLLED buckling out of his sire and my FAVORITE doe! Will be a pricey buy but his sire is now the first National Champion fainting goat buck.... I guess I must know how to pick 'em because I told his breeder when he was a baby... HE was her best buck and she needed to have him collected! LOL

8. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Good for you! Sometimes getting exactly what you want is well worth the wait...I hope there is a buckling born that fits what you want :hug:

9. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Thanks Liz.... I know it's funny... I really want a polled buck from that breeding so she will probably have all does or a polled doe and horned buck. LOL (that's usually the way it works right? :ROFL: ) :laugh: I'm still hopeful though.... she's due in November so I will let you all know if I get my boy or not. :pray:

10. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

omg that happened to me! I was waiting on a wattle doe from a really nice breeding really close to me....She kidded ALL girls, NO wattles lol

Good luck! Hope you get our polled man!

11. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    :GAAH: yep...that's the way it works most of the time for me too! :ponder: