The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Then went to milk her tonight and That was the worst experience i've ever had. She wouldn't fit in my milk stand just a tad too short (the milk stand) so zoie held her..she bit my head, headed butted me so hard she knocked me off my seat and this went on the whole time i milked her..knocked over the milk bucket 3 times and then while taking her in the barn knocks me on my ass. I don't know whether to cry or be pissed or laugh not so much feel like laughing.
She was sweet as pie up til then..lol..
PIc we took of her and one of her babies she had at shenas..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Oh my goodness! That was not a great start! Well, maybe she is just frightened and overwhelmed with her move. Here's hoping tomorrow is a better day! I'm so sorry you had such a tough time with her.

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
Oh wow....maybe she just needs to get to know you better Christy.....
Do you think it was just too much stress for one day , the move to a new place , then milking by someone she doesnt know , along with the new surroundings and sounds....idk.
I would give her the benefit of the doubt and just start over again
tomorrow. Its all we can do. No sense crying over spilt milk either :)
Congrats on getting her , she is gorgeous !!
It'll work out , dont worry. Time is all that is needed here , and a patient momma :)

·
Goat Mom
829 Posts
Yeah, I bet she will warm up, after all if I had just been taken from my home and someone started messing with boobs and trying to milk me i would be pissed too ;). once she adjusts I bet you two will get along fine.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Do you know her milking history if any? You could resort to hobbles if you had to. If you tie her and give her some grain while you milk and still have someone by her head to keep her from biting. If possible I'd get one side of her against a wall since she won't fit on the stand, so she doesn't do a lot of side to side dancing. Hopefully she'll settle and get the hang of it.

·
Super Moderator
58,182 Posts
:lol: Kind of reminds me when I brought my girl home. Perfect on the milkstand at the old place, not happy with me milking her.

Give it time, she will get better. She just needs to get used to you and how you milk.

·
Registered
410 Posts
My LaMancha has an attitude too. She's also very unforgiving of routine procedures, like nail trims, vaccines, and clipping. It's been a year and I'm still hoping she calms down. That's great if she's already better with milking. Hope she works out for you.

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
Christy , bring some yummy treats for her every time you milk her :)
I'm sure she will apologise once she gets to know you more :)

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Wow, what a bad first day! I am glad she is settling in :) But wow, did you get a glimps of her having a bad hair day lol! I have a feeling my Bella would have been much the same :eek: She is such a baby for me, but I don't think she would adjust quickly to a new family, and boy can she get grumpy!

·
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
She is doing amazing now..i think she's taken a liking to my husband, he's been coming out to sit with me and help me milk her in the evenings..sometimes he stands by her head to pet her and help relax her so she's really taken a liking to him..

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
Thats so sweet :) Sounds like a lovely evening having your hubby come out to help milk and spend time with Bella :)
Only us goat people would understand why thats so nice , right ? lol
Good girl Bella :clap:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts