The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want to get my ND doe bred in June and I plan on renting a buck, what questions should I ask the owner before I take my doe to be bred? I never rented a buck before so I don't know what all I should know before I get her bred. My doe isn't registered so I don't need a registered buck, I would like him to be polled and have nice flashy colors. Should I ask if they deal with worms often or does that not matter when she'll only be their for days? And how much is a fair price for a unregistered ND buck? thanks for any info

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know this is a long shot, but if any one in pa close to lancaster has a buck they want to do stud service let me know,

·
Registered
142 Posts
I think you should make sure he's vaccinated what they do do for worms if they do get them. Also if he's been tested for diseases!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Also make sure he's not going to be mean to her you don't want your baby getting hurt!

·
Registered
561 Posts
most want a minimum of cae and cl blood testing others want a few more test. most also do driveway breeding which as long as you know your doe is in heat it works great, and usually they will give you a "redo" if she comes back into heat.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
most want a minimum of cae and cl blood testing others want a few more test. most also do driveway breeding which as long as you know your doe is in heat it works great, and usually they will give you a "redo" if she comes back into heat.
Okay thanks, I kinda know when she goes in heat and sometimes I don’t so I’m going to try to watch for when she goes in heat so I know when she’ll go in heat in June.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts