Picking a prefix

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by lesserweevil, Jan 14, 2009.

1. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Ok... I seriously have no ideas here. I'm not going to register a prefix at the moment because, heck, £40GBP is a lot of money. BUT, I want to make a website, so I want the herdname of my goats there. And I dont HAVE a herdname.

Now the British Goat Society is VERY picky - a prefix can be 10 letters max, and no spaces allowed.

Examples? Abbotswell, Toddbrook, Bawnowlaig, Mylerstow, Timyon, Nagonah

My background? I live in the Wicklow Mountains... there's the Blessington Lake in front of me, the name of my house doesnt work as it is 11 letters, and unable to be shortened. View from my house is the lake and the mountains stretching beyond them (more like hills than mountains to be honest)

We have a landscaping business called Cornerstone... but that too is 11 letters *groans*

:shrug:

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    your house has a name?

3. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    yeah, but if I told you my house name you could pinpoint me immediately on a map as it's the name of the area and we live in the manor house :greengrin: so, for internet safety, I cant really say it in a public forum.

I was thinking maybe Silsean? It's the nearest Wicklow mountain to us. The others are Moanbane, Lugnaquilla, Camenabologue, Conavalla, Slievemaan, Kippure, Mullaghcleevaun, Tonelagee... but Silsean is the closest, and I climbed it =]

Would... names like Silsean Harmony, Silsean Isolde, etc., go?

LW

4. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
  5. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    How about Blesswick? Named after Wicklow Mountains and Blessington Lake?

6. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Oops, I'm too late . lol

7. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    I think Silsean would sound really nice! :greengrin: AND if you really wanted to do something with Cornerstone.. you could do CStone or something like that :shrug:

8. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama