The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Saturday I will be picking up a yearling Alpine buck. Here's a pic of him from wintertime. He was disbudded unsuccessfully as you can see from the scurs but I think he's beautiful and can't wait to see him up close. I'll upload more pics of him when we bring him home.

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
How big is he? Here is my doe. She seems gigantic compared to him! Congrats! I bet you are excited!

Attachments

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How big is he? Here is my doe. She seems gigantic compared to him! Congrats! I bet you are excited!
Very nice. I like her top line and level rump!
I haven't seen this guy in person yet, but I've been to her farm before to have my alpine doe bred by another buck. I am excited to have my own bucks this year, as our focus is on milk, and it will be a lot easier to have them bred here than take road trips :)

·
1,524 Posts
He looks sort of thin and wormy. If he were coming to my farm, I would run a fecal on him and get some good groceries in his belly.

He is my favorite Alpine color! How exciting getting your very own buck!!!!

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
Yep, looking for a buck. My ND buck either needs a short doe or a patient doe to get the job done, either that or a straw bale. ;) Janie isn't either of those, I am afraid.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well we picked up a buck today, but not the buck in the pic. I had the chance to choose between him and another yearling buck, as well as two bucklings from this year. I went with a buckling because he is the same age as my other buck kids at home and I wanted them to grow up together. Meet Duke!

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts