The Goat Spot Forum banner

Pickles' waiting thread!

1K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  TheMixedBag 
#1 ·
We FINALLY have confirmation that Pickles is pregnant! It's been a maybe/maybe not game since April, but the signs are finally pointing at pregnancy. She's still a little smaller framed than I'd like, but so is the sire so hopefully she'll have an easy time of it. She's developed into a gorgeous girl, if a bit tubular for my taste. Her attitude has changed tremendously with this pregnancy and she's turning into a little sweetheart.

I'm hoping for boy/girl twins but a little buckling for the freezer would be awesome. If by some miracle she has a doe we are keeping her even if she can't be registered (sire is 100% NZ kiko, Pickles is 88% boer).

#3 ·
Absolutely! These are fairly outdated (before our move, right before Toki died, so late May/early June, probably about 2 months along at best). She looks wider now, and her udder is wrinkly and starting to fill, but those are the only major differences. I can try for updated pictures some time around the end of this week.

#8 ·
He's a 100% NZ bred kiko, one of twins by Iron Sides (Zink Ranch in Oklahoma) and yes, he's the sire. He's roan and dapple, and I'm crossing my fingers that we get dapple kids from him.

Yes, he's on the scrawny side, bulking him up has been next to impossible. He's never had parasite problems, he just never gains weight. I'm convinced it all just goes to his horns. They're well over a foot as a yearling.

#14 ·
Udder's still sloooowly coming in and she's getting pretty pushy about attention. Otherwise, she's still pregnant. Looks to be a single and I have been informed "he" is not allowed to go into the freezer.

Since photobucket has failed me miserably, all my photoes can be found one facebook under Katrina BlackKat Mercier. My friends can just deal with the more awkward pics, they're all public.

#15 ·
Since I had to move back into the city for my job, Pickles is on a lifetime lease to my old roommate (I still own her, but they're responsible for her care). I still get to see my babies whenever I want, and I should be getting updated photos today. She's still pregnant, I haven't heard back on how far along (she went to a vet right by Texas last week), but she's FAT. I've been trying to convince them to put her on a diet, but she's quite the little porker and I doubt it would do much good.

Pics should be up tonight or tomorrow. Magnum's too, a boy that pretty can't be left out!

#17 ·
Nope. Completely open after an ultrasound at what should have been 60 days. At this point, she's been given to someone as a pet only and we will not be trying again. I'll be looking for a different doe to breed for next season, probably dairy. Never had problems with them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.