The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a few days ago about a pooch test on my girl thought she might be bred doesnt look like she is..Anyways put her in with the 2 bucks today i had picked for her tried her with them separately and she just panics and runs and screams and its crazy ..she is a moon spot and I really didn't want to breed her with another moonspot..My moonspot buck i had in the pen with the other girls and all was going well with them..Put her in and she goes crazy with him lets him breed her and just acts in love with him...what in the world? Can the be picky about bucks? This is our first actually breeding with them we have had them about 2 years Just got our other buck wanted to wait until we had pens and built and just better prepared. Really wanted her with my big black frosted ear buck but she chose otherwise.. Sorry so long lol

·
Premium Member
4,675 Posts
I posted a few days ago about a pooch test on my girl thought she might be bred doesnt look like she is..Anyways put her in with the 2 bucks today i had picked for her tried her with them separately and she just panics and runs and screams and its crazy ..she is a moon spot and I really didn't want to breed her with another moonspot..My moonspot buck i had in the pen with the other girls and all was going well with them..Put her in and she goes crazy with him lets him breed her and just acts in love with him...what in the world? Can the be picky about bucks? This is our first actually breeding with them we have had them about 2 years Just got our other buck wanted to wait until we had pens and built and just better prepared. Really wanted her with my big black frosted ear buck but she chose otherwise.. Sorry so long lol
Yep. Has the buck she liked been closer to her and she is used to him? You could try puttin her beside the one you want her to be bred to for a while next time and see if that helps.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No we had the other 2 in a pen about 10 ft from the doe pen..we got the other buck a week ago and he has bred every doe like within 15 seconds of being put togather he dont let no grass grow lol he is beautiful just wasnt sure about moonspot to moonspot

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was gonna post pics of him sometimes it will let me sometumes it says i don't have permission

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Good looking goats! He sure does look eager.lol

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Man the first doe he got her withing 10 seconds I didn't even get the gate shut.lol afterwards she kept arching her back and squatting like she was peeing but never peed.. Looked it up it said it meant he made contact so he is pretty good lol

·
Super Moderator
83,152 Posts
Yes, they do have preferences, so we have to move the one away from the two you want to breed, so he is out of sight out of mind.
If one buck is older and smells really strong ripe, usually the Doe will want that buck.
If you get a rag, rub it all over the stinky buck and then rub it onto the buck you want her bred with.
But, if the buck you didn't want her bred to, already bred her, she is most likely bred.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good idea...yea he was really Bucky when we got him and our bucks was all calm and not rutty at all until we got him then they all went wild lol our 2 are between 1 -1.5 years old

1 - 10 of 10 Posts