The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Re: Ariel is filling on out! Due around 4/12?

Yep babies soon! I think she'll go pretty soon. Do you have a due date?

·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Ariel is filling on out! Due around 4/12?

Well you know I kept putting the buck back with her because I did not see her breed. And the last due date I have according to my notes should be 4/12, and I think she is about on track. I did not write down having him in a week earlier than that, so I think she will hold off. Her mom filled in a bit early. So we will see.

Marie

·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Ariel is filling on out! UPDATE, we have a baby!!

We have a baby. DH just got home and went to feed and there is a little buckling in the barn. I guess I was wrong on the dates or did not keep good notes. DH says it is even prettier than the twins with a ton of color and what from what he described is a a tri-color with a white belly band. Will post pics later.

Marie

·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Ariel is filling on out! UPDATE, we have a baby!!

I am not big on them either and I tried to write down each time I put her and the buck together, but I obviously missed one?

Here are a few pics I took. He did not like it and mom was very nervous. Not to mention all the rain!! So I will try to get better ones tomorrow. Congrats Brandi! He is a keeper and if he were registered, we might have had to keep him.

Hope you like him Brandi. We are very proud of him and his mom. She did great. And of course dad too!
Boy does he throw some color.

Marie

·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks. Looks like my buck is really throwing some nice color, huh. He is definitely staying. But he is getting older so I will have to get a backup soon. I will have to look but I think he is almost 6. How long will they continue to breed? I am sure he has a few years left. Now I just have to find more registered does.

Marie

·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, and boy is he sweet. I have been cuddling him and he loves it. His mom would not approve of course, she is more the kind that only comes when you have a treat in your hand and lord forbid you try to get pictures of her. He will be a great herdsire for Brandi's unregistered herd.

Marie

1 - 19 of 19 Posts