The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone!

does anyone have any suggestions on what type of breed this goat is??

thanks,
nella

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
her years act like horse ears...they move around a lot...not like most goat ears...
when she's timid...they go back all the way...like when a horse gives you a warning to back off...
they go straight up when she's focused or interested in somehting..
and they just lay there like on the pic when she's chillin'.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
id say she is an alpine nubian cross. She is a pretty commen alpine color patturn (cou clair) the fact that she can do different things with her ears is alpinish. swiss breeds (dairy goats with upright ears) tend to point their ears back when they are upset or annoyed. the fact that the go out and then down she probably has some nubian in her. She is really cute!
beth

·
Registered
439 Posts
She looks just like my nubian/alpine wether, Romeo. :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL (stacey)
she's our favorite too...we just didn't know what breed she was.

thanks so much everybody!!!
nella

anna...do you have a pic of your wether...or perhaps a link to your site??

·
Registered
439 Posts
My site hasn't been updated in over a year. LOL... oops... Anyways, here is Romeo.

Here he is when he was younger. He's darkened alot.since this one.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am probably the last person on here to ask about goat breeds, but I have a little doeling with very similar ears and I was told that she was a Nubian/alpine cross. I think she is all the more cute for it- yours is darling!

Mine is shown in my avatar.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
I'd say a nubian x alpine cross, but it appears as though her ears are folded at the base, which causes them to look like that and flip back like they do. My brother had a boer whose ears were like that when he was born. They weren't flat like everybody else's ears, they looks like floppy folded airplane ears. He called him Gurly :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts