Pics of my kids

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by smwon, Aug 12, 2008.

1. smwon

smwon Member

Aug 2, 2008
    Northern California
    Ok... here's my kids!

Here they were when they were a week or so old. It just about killed me to wait for them!

The wether (to be)

[​IMG]

The doe

[​IMG]

And here they are today about 14 weeks. The wether is a week and 1/2 younger than the doe.

'Billy' (my husband named him that... original don't you think? :roll: )

[​IMG]

And Cali... "Got something for me, huh, huh?" :thumbup:

[​IMG]

2. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Very cute! Welcome to the world of Nigerians! :D

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Beautiful and cute little babies!!! Billy looks to be the one that will give you the most affection, he has such a sweet expression! Cali is my absolute favorite color combo...she looks to be just as sweet. Congratulations!

4. smwon

smwon Member

Aug 2, 2008
    Northern California
    Thanks... I'm looking forward to watching them grow and later milk in the pail! I'll be taking Cali back to the breeder to have her bred.

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    That's great! You will be surprised at how much a little goat can give. My 3 year old nigi freshened for the second time in January and when I started to milk her at 8 weeks fresh she was giving me a cup shy of 2 qts....I do have 2 pygmy/nigi cross does , one of which I am still milking after her freshening in February and she was giving a full 2 qts a day...this was with a 2x a day milking, now at 8 and 7 months fresh I cut back to 1x a day and the 2 of them are giving roughly a quart each so this is the time of year that I start to dry off to prepare for breeding, the pygmy/nigi doe is retired from breeding so I will milk her as long as she gives it.

You will find so much info here on breeding and kidding as well as nutrition housing and milking, alot at once is confusing so don't EVER be embarrassed or afraid to ask questions, we all have alot to offer and the best for you and your "kids" :hug:

6. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Awwww...they're adorable!

7. Candy

Candy New Member

Welcome from PA. The kids are just to cute. Caution---Nigis can and WILL be habit forming :love:
    Candy

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Your Billy looks so much like my Turner. What cuties!!

9. Pheonix08

Pheonix08 New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Western N.Y.
  10. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    They're both gorgeous! You'll never get tired of them, they're the greatest little things ever.

:love:

11. smwon

smwon Member

Aug 2, 2008
    Northern California
    Oh that is soooo true! I go check on them several times a day... today we are going to take them for a walk on leads, should be interesting!

12. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    They are soooo cute! Good luck with your training program, goats are so much fun.

13. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska