Pics of the girls I am drooling over and thinking of buying

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by keren, Dec 16, 2008.

1. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    I googled it and figured it out (isnt google a wonderful thing ... can you imagine if we woke up one day and google was gone ... like you type the adress in and it comes up webpage cannot be displayed ... the world would be shattered ... anyway I digress)

I didnt get comments from the breeder so I cant comment on the pics, but to me they appear to be reasonably well bred and well kept goats. They are all registered. Still waiting on pedigree info, ages for the 9 snr milking does and their average production per day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What do you think?

2. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    Oh wow they are really cute!!

3. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    !!!!! They are so pretty! I had never heard of British Alpine until you had told us about Maddie.. I love the dark color on the back of their ears.

But, I do not like the rump on the doe in pic 2 and 3.

Our first buck that we rented for stud services looked similar. Actually..

There, does he look like he is a British Alpine to you? I never thought anything about it before actually.. we had only been told 'Alpine'.
    [​IMG]

4. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    thanks amos I had noticed the poor rumps also. If I go through with the purchase I will get an outcross buck so that will be one thing to look for. I like that a lot of them show a good dairy wedge. I have asked for some more photos showing udder attachment etc. Hee hee I like that colour on the back of the ears too. It is like a blue roan colour on maddie.

The reason you havent heard of BAs is because ... you dont get BAs in America! You guys have French Alpines, and one of the colours of the French Alpine is 'sungdau', well the sungdau coloured Alpines were bred up and crossed in the UK to produce the British Alpine, which is typically a little larger and rangier than the French Alpine. It was the British Alpines that then came to Australia when our continent was settled. They only come in the sungdau colour.

So yes, the buck you rented if he was here he would be a BA, but there he is just an Alpine of the 'sungdau' colour.

5. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Wow, thanks Keren! Never new about that, very interesting.

6. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    oh!!! i so want some

7. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    me too!

8. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    hahah you should!

9. PiccoloGoat

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    Me three :ROFL:

10. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    They are very pretty! Kinda remind me of Toggs. . . . they look somewhat similar to them. That is interesting about the British Alpines and French Alpines. I LOVE Alpines!! They are soooooo beautiful! :love:

I really hope it works out for you to get them!

11. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

it looks so odd to have them all one color. I know its the only color the british alpine comes in. Im just so used to looking out at my herd of alpines and seeing every color you could every imagine.
    beth

12. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    I think british alpines are amazing. I saw one first on the BGS website and I was drooooling over it. I guess I just like the black and white theme...

LW

13. PiccoloGoat

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    They kinda look like zebras on their faces xD

14. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    You know its funny, I look at these photos and I'm like oooh a whole bunch of Maddie's!

I really like BAs. When I first wanted dairy goats, I liked BAs but then when I saw what was on offer around here I didnt like the quality, so I thought I would get Toggys instead, almost the same just a little different. Then I ended up with Maddie, now these ... and funny I have two saanens but no toggies :greengrin:

15. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

I totally agree. I have so many different colors, I am afraid I would not know one from the other.

Yep we call those Badger face. I am the only cashmere breeder here that gets them. I do like them but I am also a little tired of them. I have a lot of people come to breed to my buck because he always throws badger face babies.

16. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    the 'badger' face is known as swiss markings here