Picture in Signature

Discussion in 'TGS Announcements & Help' started by weedeaterfarm, Feb 26, 2008.

1. weedeaterfarm

weedeaterfarm Junior Member

Feb 12, 2008
    New Mexico
    How do you put a picture in your signature? I can't figure it out.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    do you have a photobucket or simular account? if not go to http://www.photobucket.com (its free) and create an account.

Then upload pictures (need help? check here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=73 )

then when you have the picture uploaded you will see links under the pictures Click on the IMG link and it will say "copied" then go to your User Control Panel and then to your Profile and in the signature paste the link. Wala your picture will appear in your signature.

If your picture is to big, also follow the instructions in the link above on how to resize. Try to make your signature small enough for dial up users to load easily.

any questions on this - feel free to ask or e-mail me stacey.roop@gmail.com

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I am having problems also getting a pic by my name and one in my signature.

I tried the photobucket thing - but it will not give me the option for message board. Then I tried to shrink the picture and put it by my name on the far left of a posting and even though it was under 6kb in size, it still won't let me - ---- please help! I would really like to have a picture and be cool like everyone else! LOL!

4. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    avatar help: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=72 also note that you have to type in the dimentions of the picture

allison I suggest you use photobucket to host your avatar - so check out the instructions for how to do that.

Worse case, I can do it for you ;)

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Stacey -

I tried to do it through photobucket - and it is not allowing me to for some reason. i have followed the directions from the other post, and it does not even give me the option for the message bosrd - but it does give me some of the other options. It is weird!

Please help!!! I can give you access to my photobucket so that you can take a look if you need to see what I am talking about! Just PM me for the info

6. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Stacey, could you change the allowed Avatar size to 100x100? Because photobucket will not let me make it as small as it needs to be to put on here.

7. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Chelsy,it makes is 100 by 75 or 75 by 100.You just have to type in 75 and 80 in the dimensions.

8. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    At the bottom of the image when viewing it in photobucket you will see the dementions - type those in the dementions area in your profile.

Let me do a turtorial on this as it seems like more then a couple people could use the help.

9. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    ok it was giving me fits so I upped the size allowed.

It should all work now.

If someone needs me to do it for them I have access to all your profile stuff so let me know and I can add pictures etc.

10. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Now it says the KB size is too big! :?

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I upped that too - so you just need to make it smaller. Sorry :(

do you have the picture? Can you e-mail it to me? I can change it for you

12. weedeaterfarm

Feb 12, 2008
    New Mexico
    I have both Fickr and Picasa accounts. Could I use the link from one of them?

13. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I know you can with Ficker - not sure about how to do it in Picasa, tried it once and it wasn't all that easy and I can't remember now how I even did it.

14. weedeaterfarm

Feb 12, 2008
    New Mexico
    As you can see, I figured it out :)

15. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ