Picture

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by dvfreelancer, Dec 31, 2009.

1. dvfreelancer

dvfreelancer New Member

Aug 15, 2009
    It's hard to get them to hold still when it's dinner time. The game they play is the first one to climb up on dad's head wins.

The girl is smaller but a better climber. They spend their days outdoors now and their pasture raised siblings are eating grass already, or at least pretending. Don't you just hate it when your kids are behind in school?

Attached Files:

2. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    Adorable little goaties. It looks like they are fighting over the skritchy hand.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Aww....how cute is that... :greengrin: :love:

4. BetterBuckskins

BetterBuckskins New Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Taxachusetts
    The little ears look like wings in that picture, too cute! :love:

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    lol. keep us udated with pictures! they sure are adorable. :love:

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    ADORABLE!!!

Wonderful job with keeping them such active babies too...they will get the hang of being goats, just will take them a bit longer to realize that. :hug:

7. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Precious!!!

Deb Mc

8. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
  9. dvfreelancer

dvfreelancer New Member

Aug 15, 2009
    We're thinking about taking them to the park on a leash and insist to people that they're actually Peruvian Mountain Dogs. Then act all indignant if they try to correct us.

I'd have to wear a wireless lav and figure out where to hide a hidden camera because that would be classic.

No, no. That noise they make is how they bark. The breeder we bought them from said they were worth thousands of dollars. We have papers!

That would be tough with a straight face but I could do it. It's getting people at the park to sign a release afterwards that's hard.

10. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Hahaha that sounds like something I would do..

Beautiful babies! :love:

11. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    We used to tell folks who didn't realize Jacob was a goat, hes a cockerboer cause he looked like a skinny cocker spaniel. Used to get some really weird looks and a lot of laughs.

12. I love the picture. You can post pics like that any time.

As for the park, that is too funny. What is sad is if you told that to be I would roll my eyes and think, "Poor guy, and he believes that load of bull." LOL I couldn't tell you the number of people that would argue with me on what they had back in my grooming days because someone gave them a paper. Wipty do. :roll: Folks really are sad. But I will never forget the first person that told me they had a cockapoo or one of those, it was years ago when it all started. They told me they paid all this money and on and on. I laughed and said, I showed dogs for a living and that was the first I had ever herd of it. The more I was being told the more I couldn't help myself to say. You paid all that money for a mutt, why not just go to the pound I am sure you could have found 100 of the same thing. I was younger and far more blunt then I am now. lol Now look the whole world if full of new mix breed, breeds?

What it the world coming to. LOL Not that they are not nice but lets be honest, how are you perfecting a breed when you are mixing them and loosing the ruts of what you are perfecting to begin with. Sure I understand the logic, I just don't always understand how one day every mix breed dog will have a real name and the full blooded breeds will be where again? Sorry. I will get off my box now. LOL

Love the pics!

13. dvfreelancer

dvfreelancer New Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Sooo....you're saying my Peruvian Mountain Dogs are mutts? :wink:

14. For one, I am not in using that word much these days. That was a long time ago. I am saying when you can go to pet stores as see hound mixes and this and that for 800.00+ dollars and folks are having a hard time giving away a good solid registerd breed they have worked on for years, that is sad. Personally I think that a mix breed is very nice and make great dogs. Yes some have turned out to be a new breed with since but for the most part in today's day in age, back yard breeders mixing this and that and calling it whatever they want is not a good idea. We have too many unwanted dogs to begin with and the nice breeds we have are going down the drain. But this is so off topic and yes some mixes have become very nice breeds but it is my opinion there is too much of that going on and the roots from which the new breed comes from is shot or thrown out with the water.

15. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    OMG That is just adorable. I love the caramel color on that one in the back!

16. dvfreelancer

dvfreelancer New Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Not sure which is a bigger surprise: That the babies are still alive and growing like alien life forms or the Princess of Prada getting attached to them and helping with their care.

Look how big they're getting, especially the darker one (call sign Short Round). He looks and acts just like his daddy. Sweet Pea, with the tan head, looks just like her grandma.

:laugh:

Attached Files:

17. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  18. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    They sure grow fast.... :thumbup: .. that is so adorable....getting kisses :lovey: :greengrin:

19. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    :angelgoat: :greengrin: cute!

20. irisflowerz

irisflowerz New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    LMAO! I have been saying for a while that I have to contrive a way to bring my "housegoat" Walnut into a new apartment with me that is Dog Friendly! LOL.

(just kidding of course)
    :)
    Gina