Pictures from Christmas day! - more pics added

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by kelebek, Dec 25, 2009.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I took these pics of the goaties this morning when i went to feed. It is so nice outside that I made them come out of the barn for their breakfast. At first they weren't to happy about it - but after that, they were loving it.

SERIOUSLY - you are going to make us get up mom - its only 9 am!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Snow - Just over 2 months pregnant - not sure if Alfalfa is worth walking on that white stuff - she is a little snooty at times

[​IMG]

Myotonics - Tina and Dehlia - are you kiding - we aint ever been out THERE before

[​IMG]

Rosie - myotonic - ok, if I run REALLY fast then I can eat and not touch the white stuff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dehlia - myotonic and about 2-3 months pregnant

[​IMG]

Meadowbrook - 3 months old (almost) she looks small in the pic but she really is a meatball - she figured she could eat later as it was more fun to play on the lid of the feeder

[​IMG]

Fire - Always looking for the best crumbs and giving silly faces!

[​IMG]

Chickens - just for fun -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the house pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My "farrel" barn cat - gave her goats milk one time and now she is worse than a dog!

[​IMG]

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    Re: Pictures from Christmas day!

Those pics are sooo cute!

Your goats are adorable, haha they didnt want to get up! :ROFL:

love the golden laced wyandotte hen, we had about 20 last year (stopped laying as they were old..but still gorgeous!)

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

Goats, CHickens, cat all so beautiful and look so content :thumb: :stars:

4. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska

oh and I have to ask...what kind of trees are those?? lol. theyre really neat looking. It's like our spruce tree, but the bows dont start till half way up!

:greengrin: had to ask

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Yah, usually when they hear the front door - they get up - but lately I have been having to "kick" them out of the hay trough to get them to let me put the food in there. But since I decided to feed outside today, I got inside the gates with the wheelbarrow and down the hill before they realized what was going on.

6. pennylullabelle

pennylullabelle New Member

You have a beautiful home and scenery! How luck are you :hi5:

I like the of everyone piled around the feeder :) So sweet!

7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Yah, that is the horse stall that i use for kidding - but when no one is due, I open it up so that the goats have more area to mess around in in the shelter..... They seem to like it in there more then the other area - which is fine - till kidding season!

The trees are pine trees - but they are old and there are issues with Pine Beetles and so we are loosing some. It gets a little scary when there is high winds off of the lake..... (that pic of the lake was from my frontyard looking out towards the right just a little. We have a 180* view of the lake from our property.) But the goats LOVE when the wind blows - they go running through the pen looking for fallen limbs

8. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

you are having the pine beetle problem too :GAAH: their killing off our pine trees too :veryangry:

9. shanzone2001

shanzone2001 New Member

Nov 8, 2009

I enjoyed your pictures! My daughter laughed at the funny picture of the goat in the wheelbarrel. Oh, what gorgeous chickens you have!!

10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Here are a few more that I went out and took Christmas afternoon!

Herd at the fence when they heard me coming -

[​IMG]

Chasing me down the hill - they SWORE I had grain!

[​IMG]

Abba - hair is growing back after his rutt!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fire

[​IMG]

Legacy

[​IMG]

Dixie

[​IMG]

Fancy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Heather

[​IMG]

Pudding

[​IMG]

Grace

[​IMG]

Tumbleweed

[​IMG]

Meadowbrook

[​IMG]

Myotonics

[​IMG]

Now no one has ever known that I have had this little girl for some time now as I didnt want to cause issues but I am guessing that it is time that I go ahead and let everyone know - I was asked by the previous owner's daughter to please bring this little girl home and to tak extra special care of her. The daughter had to sell all of her goats completely, they had to move to the city, her father is dying of kidney disease and if he doesn't get a kidney transplant soon they will loose him. This little goat means the world to this girl and I promised her that i would always take care of her and if I couldn't that I would let her know and either she could take her back to someone locally to her or I could find a home for her. Even during the herd reduction, she never crossed my mind to sell as I was going to keep her somehow - even if I had to take her to a friend's house to be boarded.

Anyway - this little girl is a full sister to Dixie above -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    very nice animals...... :love: :greengrin: thanks for sharing... :thumb:

12. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh what a sad story :( The new little girl is beautiful.

13. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

Such pretty goats! :wave: Hello pretty girls and big handsome buck.

Its such a shame for the poor girl to sell her goats. But man, that girl is so pretty. I love her markings.

14. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    You've got a gorgeous herd! I'm green with envy :) Looooove the trees inside their enclosure. I bet they have loads of fun there.

15. shanzone2001

shanzone2001 New Member

Nov 8, 2009
    If Tumbleweed comes up missing, you can accuse me of goatnapping!!!! :love: :love: :love:
    Oh my goodness that is an amazing herd you have!

16. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Thank you ShanZone - I am working hard on it and am doing alot of changes after spring kidding that will be amazing!!! Keep watching! You never know what might be coming up for sale!!!