Pictures of Jinah and I

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by Sonrise Farm, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Here are some pictures of Jinah and me . . .I was just gettign over a acne rash on my face. :roll:

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Talitha...very nice pic..beautiful horse ... :horse: ....I would of never known you had a acne rash... if you didn't mention it....I honestly don't see it....

3. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Your horse is so pretty. Are those recent? I love the green trees in the background. Up here everything is brown, well, and white, with snow.

4. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    yes, they are from just a few weeks ago. We are SURROUNDED by Pine trees. . .we live in the Bitterroot Mountain Range (Rockies) of Idaho and so we have mountains, mountains, mountains with trees, trees, trees . . .thanks for the comments! She will probably always be my horse because she is one-person only . . .everyone else gets bucked off. . .not good . . .especially since we are preparing to move and my dad does NOT want to haul a horse to South Dakota. :(

5. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Well I can definetly tell you that I would miss the Rockies if I lived there. South Dakota is dreadfully flat for the most part. And dry, atleast it seems like it to me. Well I guess theres some hills. Depending on where in South Dakota you go. I go to South Dakota atleast three times a year because my sister and brother and their family lives out there.

6. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    My parents and I were born and raised there. . .we moved to Idaho ten years ago but we really miss old friends/family and so we are moving back to the SIoux Falls area. I don't really like the landscape myself but for some reason it's just home . . .I will definitely miss my personal paradise!

7. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    My brother and his wife and their baby live near Sioux Falls, in Harrisburg, but they might move soon.

8. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    Nice pictures! Jinah looks like a real nice horse. :)

9. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Thanks, Hailee. :) she is a gem---I rode her today for the 1st time in about a month and she was an absolute angel! A very lazy angel; but still. :ROFL: My legs feel like I just did the splits that's how fat this girl is. I tried to get her into a working canter but she decided to stick to a very fast trot. :slapfloor: It was very refreshing!

10. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Very pretty pics Talitha....looks like Jinah just adores you :hug:

11. mystic's_mom

mystic's_mom New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Northern, MN
    Pintabian girl...and a lovely one too!

Honey, your girl may get over her mistrust of other people, just don't force her into it. I thought my boy was going to freak out about other riders too, especially since I was the only one to ride him for over a year. But when another girl that was getting into horses after a 13 year hiatus, started playing with him (ground first), she was eventually able to get on him and trail rode him for me several times a week while he was at my parents earlier this year. It's more about how a person starts out with the horses; if they just hop on her (knowing her history) and you allow that, then no, she may not accept someone else on her; but if you help them build a relationship with her first, her mind will change. I know it's great to have a 'mine only' type horse, but in reality, that can be kind of hard sometimes; what if something were to happen to her? And she only trusts you to help her...what if you aren't there? I couldn't bear to have something 'more' happen to my horse because he didn't trust anyone else to give him what he needed, even if I wasn't there. If you are working Parelli, you can help her trust other people; atleast to an extent that they could help her if she needed it. Clinton Anderson is another awesome trainer worth looking into. Chris Cox is fabulous as well.

12. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    I know exactly what you mean with the 'one person horse thingy . . .but the thing is she didn't start having favoritism til like a half-year later after she was saddle broke. SO I think it's because I am the only person who interacts with her. . .I think she thinks I'm a horse.
    Can you tell me more about Chris Cox? I love Parelli and it works great, but I am verrryyyy open minded and actually mix John Lyons and Parelli. :)

13. creaturesall

creaturesall New Member

Oct 26, 2007
    Langdon, AB Canada
    You can be on the lookout for your creaturesall magazine with your story about Jinah any day now Talitha. It goes in the mail this coming Monday morning. If any one else would like a complimentary copy all you need do is PM me and I'll take care of the rest.

14. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    okay, thanks, creaturesall! :)

15. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    I am having problems pming lately so I just wanted to tell you Bob that I got the magazine, thanks so much! :)

16. creaturesall

creaturesall New Member

Oct 26, 2007
    Langdon, AB Canada
    Great! Hope you enjoy all of the stories . . . especially that one about :dance: Jinah & Talitha :dance: