The Goat Spot Forum banner

Pictures of my three girls

1K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  capriola-nd 
#1 ·
#6 ·
of course of course.

I never did get any pictures of her next to Mia -- she is half her size already!

she is in her next growth spirt and I can hardly pick her up anymore (well I can but she doesnt like it as much since it is getting more and more awkward for me.) I use to just "toss" her over the fence when she was done eating her grain. Now I have to open the gate and lead her though

#7 ·
I would love to know what a "high escutcheon" is supposed to look like on a dry doeling. . . . I'm not quite sure what I'm looking for. :shrug: Angie does have nice-sized teats and they are placed close together, so that's great. She should be pretty easy to milk when the time comes for that. She's very pretty!

#12 ·
Well if she is anything like her mom then those teats will be huge and she will keep producing well after the kids are weaned. Xcell is still giving me a fair amount of milk.

I have to say Xcell's udder is my favorite of all my girls so far. Good placement on teats, nice size, could express a little easier but Angie's sire may have helped with that. It's also socked on there. That udder doesn't go anywhere when she is full. Also, she milks right out, not much udder left when I am done milking.

#13 ·
Stacey, they look so pretty!! Mia is such a pretty girl and she looks feisty!! Sw'P and Angie look very pretty with their coats growing out and Angie does have a nice high escutcheon...can't wait to see your new girl amongst them, she'll fit in just fine.

#15 ·
living up to the meaning of her name "mine" everything she thinks is about her!
I have one EXACTLY like her!! The world revolves around Lyla (according to her) and if it doesn't revolve around Lyla, she will pester you until it does! :roll: Gotta love them!! :D

I'm still confused on the high escutcheon?? Anyone have any comparison pics, by any chance???

#17 ·
She's not bad. A high escutcheon needs to be wide too and its the distance from the vulva to where the udder will fill in. The more distance there is the less height in the rear udder she will have. So the least amount of space between the vulva and udder is best.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.