Pictures of the new babies and a surprise

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by mistyblue, Feb 23, 2010.

1. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    I was able to get out and take photos of the new babies, also when playing with them it was a shock to realize that one of the does was actually a buck. I just might have to send Wallace back to sex ed 101. :roll:

Feral Nature Honeysuckle: doe

[​IMG]

This is my surprise buck when we thought it was a doe we named her Feral Natures Moonflower but now we need a new name: he is strecthing

[​IMG]

A picture with mom:

[​IMG]

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I have done that ---- except it was cause I counted the same goat twice and didn't count the other (they looked identical).

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    HeHe...ditto here to....LOL.... congrats they are cute... :wink: :greengrin: :love:

4. farmgirl42

farmgirl42 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Eastern Ohio
    Very cute!

Haha - my husband had the same problem with one of our Angus "bull" calves a couple of weeks ago - one morning it became a "heifer"! :doh:

5. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    Honestly I cannot say anything as I did it last year as well. You just get so excited about those new babies that sometimes I just dont look as close as I should until later.

Now I have to decided to sell him or one of my other bucks. He will be registered with the MDGA.

6. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

LOL Im guilty too- I used to lift the tail right when they are born to tell the sex, but now I lift the back leg, LOL I either see only teats or testicles- can't mistake that

7. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio