The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one that enjoys pictures of others packgoats? I doubt it. Post your pics here for us all to enjoy....these are my best pics of my only goats (so far...probably two more coming next spring/summer). currently about 10 months old...

Attachments

· Registered
764 Posts
Hello Jeff,

nice pictures.

Please don't take it wrong but from my point of view you should place the halters better. The noseband is too much down on the soft part of the nose and the neck band should be higher up towards the ears. If it won't stay there you can secure it with a small forehead strap.

· Registered
764 Posts
and, in addition, some of our packgoat fotos:

more later, I have tons on my laptop that need to be uploaded.

· Registered
73 Posts
Eveyones goat are very nice here! Sanhestar- I really like the coloring of your black and white goat? It is an alpine right? I saw ont that belonged to a kid at the fair, and it looked just like yours except dehorned. Everyone was stopping to look at it and I thought it was pretty cool too. I am hoping the guy that i'm getting my goats from will have a nice structured black and white one :)

· Registered
764 Posts
Hi,

actually he's a mix of Boer, Saanen, maybe Holländer Schecke (a painted goat breed from the Netherlands)

· Registered
764 Posts
Hello,

I don't think that you will find Holländer Schecke in the US. I'm from Germany and even here (and in the Netherlands) they are rare.

· Registered
272 Posts
I know this post is old but I thought I'd add couple pictures. Unfortunately my first reason for getting goats was not because I want to pack with them. I keep making mistakes...even after I decided I want to pack with couple of my goats. Anyway, I have three Boers and two Alpines. I think only one of the Alpines would make a good pack goat. The other is a shrimp...who I hope is just a slow grower.... First picture is all my goats. Second is my pack goat prospects.

Attachments

· Registered
98 Posts

Rufus, my packgoat, after climbing 4000' and covering 9 miles of trail. Ben Lomond Peak is the location.

Otis, teaching Chester a thing or two about crossing streams.

Festus, my 6 year old trail buddy, leading the herd...

Heading into one of the basins in the Wind River Range at 10,500 ft elevation.

All loaded up and ready to head back to the trailhead.

climbing back up to the pass...

· Registered
81 Posts
Nice pics, nice goats! I like Festus, (may steal the name from you also for a future packer). What kind of goat is he? Are those Kiko horns?

· deschutes dawn
124 Posts
Nice bunch of boys. 9 miles climbing with a load. I'm impressed. If the T-storms ever quit, I will be getting my boys in shape for bow season. Actually, me too!

Char in central Oregon

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.