Pictures

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Jenna, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    So what are the different ways one can post pics?? I've read over and over the thread on here how to post a picture from Photobucket ( for a avatar is it called that the picture by your name?) Sorry, but I am VERY, Very bad at using computers I mean Very :oops: I don't know any terms or anything :idea: ..... Thanks SOOOOOO Much for you help!!

Edit to add: Is this in the right place?

2. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    These instructions are for resizing a picture in Paint so you can upload the picture via your post.

Open Paint
    Click on File at the top
    Click Open
    If it doesn't open directly to pictures, then click on pictures
    Click on the picture you want to resize
    Then click OpenYou will now see the picture to you want to resize
    Click Image at the top
    Click Resize
    In the small box you should see Pixel size
    Click in the width box
    Change the number to 450 and the height number will change as well - leave that number to what it suggests
    Click OK
    You should now see your picture reduced
    Click File at the top
    Click Save as
    Type in file name you will remember or associate with that pic
    It may ask if the configuration is ok or you want to save - click yes or ok

Now your picture is resized and you can upload it via a post you do in the photogenic section or other
    section.

I won't include those instructions yet, because maybe it's best to get you through the resizing part.

Let me know if you need further assistance or it does not work. It may seem difficult at first, but once you learn you'll be a pro.

If you would like your avatar done now or there is another picture you would like to post right away, while you learn, you can email me the original picture and I can resize it for you and post it (just let me know what info you want in the post).

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    if you have the ability to resize pictures thats one way.

if you want to use photobucket thats a totaly different way.

do you have a photobucket account? I can give you step by step instructions if you need me to

4. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Yes, I have an photobucket account, instructions would be great!! Thanks greatcashmeres, I'll have to try that way to do it..

5. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    I use picnik. Easier for my brain IMO. :greengrin:

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I will work on a tutorial in the mean time play around with photobucket I am sure you can figure out some of it

7. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I got a new computer (a macbook) and I dotn know how to do a "print screen" on it so I cant do a tutorial of the photobucket process but I found the link to the the tutorial I did of how to upload photos via the board here (you just have to have them sized at 430pix by 430pix or less to upload).

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8887

8. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Thanks!! :thumb: I'll have to fiddle with that... hmmmmmm

9. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Jenna, Stacey's tutorial is very good.

The simplest way that I found is to have a photobucket account. Upload pics from your puter into the album, you can resize them with photobuckets editing features, with each photo there are links underneath, go down to the last link, right click, hit copy then paste right into your post......if you can open multiple tabs in your browser with internet explorer that makes it alot easier.