Pig stories wanted for tv special

Discussion in 'Pigs' started by radpic, Apr 29, 2014.

1. radpic

radpic New Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Several years ago our company produced a film for PBS called “The Natural History of the Chicken.” It was a film that celebrated the chicken and its relationship to people. Now we have been asked to do more.

We are developing a new PBS Special that celebrates pigs and the relationships they have with their owners. In particular we are looking for heartfelt stories, funny stories, sad stories, stories of our relationship to pigs that give us a better understanding of these unique animals. If you know pigs and know them well – please share with us. We are also hoping to meet charismatic and friendly characters who can tell these stories to us. Or perhaps you know of someone you can refer us to?

We would appreciate it if you could share these with us. Drop us an email with your suggestions and contact information - or if you prefer just a time to call you – if that works best for you?

Mark Lewis, Producer

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2014
  2. Chadwick

Chadwick New Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Volant PA
    No pig stories but I got a humm dinger of a hippopoto-moose story!!!

3. radpic

radpic New Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Chadwick,

Thank you, but I don not need a hippopoto-moose story, haha. If you know anyone with some great pig story please pass my post along. It would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Mark

4. dobe627

dobe627 Senior Member

Oct 16, 2007
    southeast PA
    My potbelly was found as a stray on the streets of baltimore

5. Chadwick

Chadwick New Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Volant PA
    I did mark, but if you ever do a sh-hawk story let me know!!!

6. NubianFan

NubianFan New Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Arkansas
    You have yet to say if there is ANY kind of compensation to these people for their time and their stories. I think you should give more information than you are giving. Is there a website where they can watch clips of work you have done in the past beyond "The Natural History of the Chicken"?? Is there somewhere where they can read the concept for the show?? Anything? You are asking for a lot of trust with very little information.

7. radpic

radpic New Member

Apr 28, 2014
    The compensation would be any loss of income while filming on location during production. This special is in celebration of the pig, in vein of "The Natural History of the Chicken." There is no political agenda here.

As for my work, I'm sure there are trailers/clips on YouTube for some of my other films. Some are "Cane Toads: The Conquest", "Rat", and "The Pursuit of Excellence".

8. radpic

radpic New Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Was he really? You care to explain?

Best,

Mark

9. dobe627

dobe627 Senior Member

Oct 16, 2007
    southeast PA
    Yes she was. And because no shelters would take in a pig she stayed with a farmer for a few days and since my farm has a lot of rescues I went and got her. She's been here about 6 years and has a good life.she'll sit and give kisses. And she's a big girl so my guess is whomever had her didn't realize how big they can get

10. radpic

radpic New Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Glad she's living with someone that cares about her. Love the fact that she gives kisses.

Best,

Mark

11. GATA_Goats

GATA_Goats New Member

Sep 19, 2013
    I know of a pig that was a pet and got loose near Savannah Georgia. A man saw him and shot and stabbed the pig. The owners found him and nurses him back. He now travels the area as a petting pig and people take pictures with him. I saw him a while back at Tractor Supply.

Sent from my iPhone using Goat Forum

12. radpic

radpic New Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Oh, wow. Good thing the pig survived. Would you happen to know anything else about that story? Like who the owners are, or how to contact them?

Best,

Mark

13. GATA_Goats

GATA_Goats New Member

Sep 19, 2013
    I wish I did. They run a petting zoo type operation but that is all I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Goat Forum