pimple like spots on gracies udder along with a rash

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by luvbug*diapers, Mar 5, 2010.

1. luvbug*diapers

luvbug*diapers New Member

Feb 22, 2010
    sunny california
    I knew I use this site a lot.

I shaved ou nubian goat udder last maybe 2 weeks ago since she was havin goo builup on her from the kidding several weeks ago.

Once i trimmed her up i noticed these bumps up on her udder.like between her leg and udder.

seems really raw in places and I do see those little pimple like bumps in random places.
    they are what appers to be puss filled,i did squish one and a puss like substence came out.

so what could it be?is this what is called udder pox?

ive done some research on that but no real good pictures to compare it too.

she has mastitis also and should have the meds here today to treat that.
    do you think along with biomyacin shots this will clear up?

i also can take a picture of it and post if that helps at all.

the person i bought her from thought a possable steph infection from shaving but i m thinking it was there when i shaved or shoot maybe dealing with 2 different things.

the rash and the kitty bumps.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    had that on one doe but not all over -- she cleared up on her own I think, cant remember what I did exactly

since she is on antibiotics yes it should clear up if its an infection. It could be related to the mastitis.

3. nutmegfarm

nutmegfarm New Member

Dec 22, 2009
    NE Ohio
    Sometimes newly fresh does get "udder acne"...it should clear up with time, but you can put udder cream on it so its not so dry...mine get it from time to time, it usually clears in a few weeks. If there is any birthing fluids that get stuck to the udder, it can also be do to that. By clipping it, it should clear up soon.

4. luvbug*diapers

luvbug*diapers New Member

Feb 22, 2010
    sunny california
    that is totally what it looks like-acne.
    to funny.
    ill keep an eye on it and keep appling the udder cream
    thank you all