The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I spray pine sol in the goat barn would it hurt my goats? Pine sol keeps the flies away...

·
Registered
30,610 Posts
I know Pine sol is poisonous to dogs..I would be careful using it around the goats..I was told If you mix acv with hair conditioner 50/50 it makes a great fly replent for horses ..Im going to try it on my donkeys and goats..figure at least their coat will be soft :D

·
Registered
230 Posts
I know Pine sol is poisonous to dogs..I would be careful using it around the goats..I was told If you mix acv with hair conditioner 50/50 it makes a great fly replent for horses ..Im going to try it on my donkeys and goats..figure at least their coat will be soft :D
ooo...what is acv so I can try this? My poor horses the nats and flies are SOOO bad this year.

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
I was told If you mix acv with hair conditioner 50/50 it makes a great fly replent for horses ..Im going to try it on my donkeys and goats..figure at least their coat will be soft :D
I wouldn't bother mixing it with hair conditioner, I would just add it to their water. Since I've been doing that my girls - and the boarded horses - are having way less problems with the flies. It was quite interesting the other day - I started adding acv to my waterers somewhere around the end of May/first of June. A guy brought in a stud colt the 7th of March, and the colt shares a waterer with my bucks. The latter part of June this guy brought in a 2nd horse. I've been busy enough that I haven't had time to add acv like I usually do, and it's gotten hot the last week or so and the flies have gotten obnoxious and bad. Last Monday the flies were driving the 2nd horse nuts, but the stud colt was just fine. No flies. Puck - my buck - was laying in his pen next door, and only occasionally flicking an ear here and there. Needless to say, I've made it a point to get back to adding acv like I was doing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts