The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got home today from work, and two of my little weathers eyes are matted bad! One is really bad both eyes are extremely matted and he’s lethargic with some diarrhea , the other is slightly matted, only one eye, no diarrhea, not lethargic at all. I have quarantined them, and I used some bacterial spray for pink eye and other eye issues. Any thoughts? I’ve never had this before, haven’t brought any new goats into the herd. We have been having CRAZY amounts of rain and thunderstorms, im just at a lose.. this came on within the last 32 hours. They were both fine Saturday/Sunday and I didn’t notice anything Monday morning.

Attachments

·
Registered
Goat Mentor
7,487 Posts
Can you do me a favor and check their FAMACHA scores? This is the color of their inner eyelids.

Are these goats the same age? Do you have other goats?

What color is the diarrhea?

Take rectal temps please!

First and foremost, give them some probios for the diarrhea! A B complex shot for the lethargic one too... though you could give to both!!

I'd real quick get some fresh raw garlic into them, this will support them overall. 2 cloves each, raw and crushed, see the list here on ways to feed it: https://thegivinggoat.home.blog/2019/01/01/using-garlic-to-improve-herd-health/

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update! Fecal ran, and blood work. It was major barberpole worms, thanks to all this rain and nasty weather we have been having no coccid thank god! Vet said the worms plus gross weather could have made their eyes like that. So started new wormer and a spray for all eye issues. And the eyes are good and cleared up now!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts