The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does pink eye cause a white film over goats eye? My doe has white film over her eye with what looks like a white spot in middle of her eye

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
I believe it can if it progresses far enough, but I'm not 100% certain. The white spot is definitely typical of pink-eye. As long as the eye has not ulcerated, you can treat with a mixture of equal parts of Gentamycin, Dexamethasone, and distilled water mixed up in a small spray bottle (I use a travel sized hair spray bottle that has been washed out well). For me it is easier to spray her eye than try to get ointment or drops in it, and I don't have to worry about her struggling and me poking her in the eye. Spray in her eye once to twice a day. Usually it clears up pink-eye in one day.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you I plan on calling vet in AM but it wasnt like that last night and honestly I was in a rush this am and didn't pay attention I feel horrible

·
Registered
30,555 Posts
Pink eye causes a cloudy look tot he eye...as long as there are not red lump which is an ulcerated eye...which happens when the pink eye if left too long..with no ulcer you can use Pen G or Tylan 200 or even LA200 as an eye drop twice a day until clear...keep the eay area clean and dry..wear gloves when messing with it or wash your hands super well...you can catch the pink eye .IF there any any red dot at all...you can not use the antibiotic in the eye..a triple antibiotic cream can be used..like Neospirdin...

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Thank you I plan on calling vet in AM but it wasnt like that last night and honestly I was in a rush this am and didn't pay attention I feel horrible
Don't feel horrible, it is a very common thing and something that a whole lot of people - including me - have done at one point or another. Take it as a learning experience and adjust your routine as you feel is needed to avoid having it happen again. That is all you can do at this point. :)

·
Registered
30,555 Posts
I agree with Goat crazy....you would be suprised how fast pink eye can settle in too....Its treatable ;) she wil be just fine

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There isn't any pink or red dots there is a cloudy film and a cloudy thick spot right in center of the eye
Thanks for all the advise !!!

·
Registered
30,555 Posts
Ok..then the antibiotic as a eye drop will be just fine, just one drop in the bad eye twice a day..: ) best wishes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts