Pippi's due date! Guess what?!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Di, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Can you believe she kidded on her due date? Beautiful weather, no drama I can't believe it! She just laid down and started pushing! And (drum roll please) it's a girl! I'm in such a hurry to keep an appointment I can't take much time...but...I got pictures...hopefully I can get them up fast!

Just born.
    [​IMG]

Mommy loves me!
    [​IMG]

Wow, where am I?
    [​IMG]

Gotta go, this is my doe from Tiny Town NDG. She was bottlefed, and her last kids where bottlefed, but she is taking care of her little girl like she's been doing it forever!

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    OH MY Gosh. How adorable. Congratulations. Glad all went well. :love:

3. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    WOW, I guess she has never seen the does code of honor!

Congrats on the doe! :girl: :party:

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh thats awesome. Tiny Town has some nice goats and that doeling is beautiful!! congrats

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that's really neat.....she is beautiful ..... :love: :love: :greengrin:

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :stars:

She looks like my little guy out of Angel..lol

7. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Thanks ladies! Well, I'm back, yes, she must not have read the Doe Code, but nobody give her a copy, OK?

The funny thing was, I had a lady just stop with her granddaughter and we were talking, and looking at the goats. I went in to write down my telephone number for her. She thought she just wanted a wether and I didn't have one right now. So, as I was coming out the door, I heard Pippi yell. I looked over at her (she was in the little paddock in the yard) and she was laying in the circle under the tree. I said "Did she just have a contraction?" And she had another! So, I ran to get my "stuff" and the lady asked if they could stay, I said sure, so they waited outside the fence as I helped Pippi with a well timed tug. That lady was thrilled! I mean, imagine stopping on a whim and seeing a birth. So, right then she decided to buy Misty Mae! LOL Come to find out, she has a Nubian doe, she isn't really happy with (I think she's a little pushy), so I said "well, you could breed her to one of my bucks and create a mini nubian! So, I think she wants to do that too. So, I made a sale and may get a breed fee too!

So, I've sold 4 does and 2 wethers in the last couple of weeks! I did it! I'm a goat breeder! :leap: :wahoo:

8. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Thats great timing!
    Cute doeling by the way

We have had the same thing happen TWICE this year!

Appointments for people to come out and see the goats- and bam witness a birth!

One family was there to witness our most stressful birth of the year- tangled up quads.
    I almost asked them to wait outside because I wasnt sure if we were going to get some of them out in time.
    In particular a doeling with her head back, but they were all born healthy, and they ended up buying the little miracle doeling born with her head back! :greengrin:

9. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    How awesome! Congrats! :clap:

10. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    Thats a cutie. Congrats. :stars: :wahoo:

11. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Congrats on the doeling and how neat, I raise and breed Mini-Nubians with my parent's.

12. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Congratulations!!! Glad it went so well. :girl:

13. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Congrats to you and momma. She's a beautiful doeling!