The Goat Spot Forum banner

Pixie Dust Piccciieeeessssss!!!!

3K views 35 replies 15 participants last post by  LiddleGoteGurl 
#1 ·
Yay!!! I have photos of my baby girl!!! They are uploading as we speak.. will be here in a momento :D. Also, I have a few piccies of my other girlie girlies!!!! Yay! I got them today! So beware, photo overload is on the way.

#9 ·
And last for now, Harmony, my Alpine doe. She was my first goat! I can't believe she is going to be freshening for the third time in the spring.

So that's my goaties!! I have more, but I didn't get photos of them all. I thought you would all enjoy seeing Pixie, and how she is doing.

**edited to say that the Saanen on Harmony's left is my brother's goat Annie.

#14 ·
how funny, my very first doe that was officially mine was an alpine doe named harmony. I like your harmony a lot. I don;t have my doe anymore, but i have grand daughters and great great and so on grand daughters of her. My best friends mom still has harmonys mom too.
Who is pixie dusts parents? i know she is out of jen herd but i can;t remember who her parents are.
beth

#16 ·
Thanks guys :).

Beth, I know!! Isn't that weird? I actually posted in one of your threads about that. I also had Harmony GIVEN to me when I was 12... and she is an Alpine, my first goat, etc. Isn't that so strange? It is cool though :).

Pixie's sire is Mosaic IMA Sequin, and her dam is Celtic Stars Trinity. Trinity is no longer on Jen's website but you can find Sequin under bucks, and I think one of his daughters under senior does. Do you know Jen? I see that you are in WA.

#17 ·
They are all so adorable. I really like them all. Man do you have the snow. That is wonderful.
So did I miss it somewhere? How did Olivia lose her leg? She sure looks great, you would never know that she only has three legs. She is very sweet looking also.
I just love all goats, they are all so sweet and have a totally different personality. It doesn't matter what kind of goat it is.

#18 ·
Thank you :). Yes, we have plenty of snow! Want some? :D

I think I posted on Goatweb one time about Olivia.. not on here. It happened about 2 1/2 years ago, when she was about 6 months old I think. Her previous owner's dog got in the pen and ripped her leg up. Her owner loves her goats so much (even though she owned a large commercial dairy), so when she saw that little baby goat all torn up, she immediately rushed her to the vet (the whole ordeal cost many more hundred dollars than Olivia was worth, so that just tells you how much she cares). The vet tried to save her leg. It got gangrenous, and the only options were to put her down or amputate. Well, her wonderful owner decided to have the extremely costly operation done. Olivia can't be bred (she would most likely have a lot of issues due to her three legs) and she would have been just a pet and useless to her owner who already had plenty of pet goats... so she gave her to me. She is the sweetest, calmest thing and I am sooooo blessed to own her! She immediately adopted Pixie as her baby when she got here. I am so proud of her and how well she recovered. In fact, she can beat most of the goats running. She is a fighter!

#19 ·
Wow another coincidence, harmony was given to me when i was twelve. Of course that was nearly fourteen years ago now...lol.
I know trinity, she was a pretty doe had a pretty tan stripe that went all the way up the bottem of her neck. Sequin is a cute buck as well. He isn't very big only weighs about 120 lbs or so, but he is a very sweet an mellow natured buck. Trinity was sold to a dairy up here in arlington washington, along with two ir three others of jens nubians and two of my alpine does.
Yes i know Jen very well. We were roommates for awhile. I just recently moved back home to washington.
beth

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.