The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
You want to use the best buck you can find/afford. Check for Linear Appraisal and DHI records. You can check and see how much inbreeding is going on, and on who. Its good to look at the goats themselves too to see their strengths and weaknesses, in addition to the pedigrees. If you post a link to the planned pedigree you're thinking of some of us may be able to help. :)

·
FancyDay Farm
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You want to use the best buck you can find/afford. Check for Linear Appraisal and DHI records. You can check and see how much inbreeding is going on, and on who. Its good to look at the goats themselves too to see their strengths and weaknesses, in addition to the pedigrees. If you post a link to the planned pedigree you're thinking of some of us may be able to help. :)
Ok thank you I will! The buck I'm planning on using is in the process of being registered but once registration is complete his pedigree should be up I'm assuming. When its up I'll post a link. Thank you very much! :p

·
Yes Dear Goat Farm
1,272 Posts
Ok thank you I will! The buck I'm planning on using is in the process of being registered but once registration is complete his pedigree should be up I'm assuming. When its up I'll post a link. Thank you very much! :p
AGDA Genetics website is separate from the main ADGA website. They only upload the data from ADGA in one batch on the first of each month. So it may take a little while for him to show up in the Genetics database.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts